J

JerJoh

Mar 27, 2019
Does anyone else experience this?

I keep fainting, doctors can't figure out whats wrong. Physically I am very healthy but I feel like I have vertigo and cant stop myself from blacking out.

My work is probably going to make me go on disability, they're concerned about my health (they know about my issues with ptsd/mental health and have been fairly supportive) but I feel so useless. I can't work, all I can do is lay around and watch tv or move around very slowly. This sucks :(

Reactions: Arvinneedstodie
InaccessibleHour

InaccessibleHour

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Psst, you might make that work to your advantage.

That being said, if you can barely do anything without fainting this might not be the way to go.

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
My neighbor just went to the hospital for something very similar. In his case it was his blood pressure. The EMTs checked his vitals and they looked fine, but every time he got up, he would pass out. The other thing that affects me (other than blood pressure) in this type of situation is blood sugar, but I'm sure both of those things have been checked for you. Isn't there some table test where you are inverted to see what happens (hooked up to many sensors, I'm sure). And I guess medication doesn't help for the vertigo? My mom was having some issues and they had to reset the crystals in her ears. I know that sounds very weird, but apparently that's a thing. I don't know what it's called. She saw an ear, nose and throat doctor and then had some physical therapy.

Whatever the case, be careful and stay safe. It's very frustrating when the docs can't figure it out. Maybe keep a diary of how you feel, what you experience, even what you are doing, to see if there's any sort of pattern. I'm glad work has been supportive.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless and Soul