per_aspera_ad_astra

per_aspera_ad_astra

Oct 29, 2019
Heard recently that pesticide ingestion is one of the most common suicide methods in the world (makes sense in primarily rural areas I suppose), and it got me thinking: how the hell are these people DRINKING pesticide? I mean, that's gotta be both really gross and really painful. Then it occurred to me that there are other ways of ingesting substances...

Basically what I'm asking is, how viable is boofing pesticide as a suicide method? And if it is, how common is it?

Reactions: Engström
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Given the fact that it is painful and probably not necessarily fast I'd not consider it.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, Engström, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i'd prefer to leave this world as a virgin in that area.

• Yay!
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, Engström and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Sounds like a nasty way to go.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
Heard recently that pesticide ingestion is one of the most common suicide methods in the world (makes sense in primarily rural areas I suppose), and it got me thinking: how the hell are these people DRINKING pesticide? I mean, that's gotta be both really gross and really painful. Then it occurred to me that there are other ways of ingesting substances...

Basically what I'm asking is, how viable is boofing pesticide as a suicide method? And if it is, how common is it?

It's an interesting question to ponder - if people boof pesticide and how many cases of this are documented.

I legit just had to run to the bathroom as I'm on a medication that is essentially keeping my colon working; to think of boofing pesticide makes me cringe in pain.

But(t) all this said, I suppose it's possible.

Edit to add:

Out of curiosity I started looking into this and came across a case of a woman who administered a sherry enema to her husband, which gave him a blood alcohol level of 0.47

Michael Warner, a 58-year-old machine shop operator, died at the couple's Lake Jackson home on May 21, 2004. According to an autopsy report, Warner had been administered an enema with enough sherry to get a blood alcohol level of 0.47. That is almost six times the level that can lead to a driving while intoxicated charge.

Michael Warner was a longtime alcoholic who sometimes used enemas to get drunk because a medical condition made it painful for him to drink.

Turner said a person who drinks alcohol will usually pass out and stop drinking before ingesting a lethal dose. A person's body can continue to absorb alcohol through an enema after the person passes out, he said.

Full story if interested

I'd never heard of this method - Nicotine Intoxication

Nicotine is a natural water-soluble alkaloid obtained from the dried leaves and stems of tobacco plants (Nicotiana tabacum and Nicotiana rustica), with amounts of 0.5%-8% by weight. Because this substance has an addictive potential, leaves or products of tobacco have been sold as snuff, chewing tobacco, cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco.

Nicotine is also used for therapeutic purposes, such as, in aiding the relief of withdrawal symptoms after quitting smoking, in gums or patches containing nicotine, or in electronic cigarettes. However, nicotine is also highly toxic. So much so that they are being used as a pesticide. However, in this form it rarely leads to fatalities. Paralysis of the respiratory muscle or cardiovascular collapse is considered as the mechanism of sudden death.

1-3) Nevertheless, nicotine poisoning cases have been rarely reported for the past 20 years. 2) Here, we present a rare case of nicotine intoxication with other reported cases so that we may review the characteristics and mechanisms of nicotine intoxication.

Full Case Study here

Last edit - in 2018, a babysitter was arrested for first degree child abuse after she administered an enema to a 6 month old baby girl. The mother had consented, though the enema lubricant was apparently lidocaine which had an immediate toxic effect. The baby began to convulse as soon as the pipette was inserted and died before she reached the hospital. Cause of death: homicide by poisoning.

Link to story

Last edited:
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE