internetgirl

internetgirl

♡ future angel
Jun 18, 2023
anyone else really depressed about their bone structure?

it's a vain thing to be sad about, and I've got other reasons as well but something that's haunted me for years are my genetics.

I'm short (5'2 157 centimeters) and have a small torso, I've also got broad shoulders and am super flat on everything except my chest (meaning no hips or anything else like that)
all this results in someone who looks weirdly bulky and has literally 0 waist at all. I'm like a weird box. I go to the gym and exercise but it doesn't change anything, even being 87 lbs and underweight I still think I look fat, and I do all because of bone structure. Clothes never looked right, and everyone else around me is a perfect hourglass it kills me. Even just having a waist is something I envy. I've been so messed up about this since I was a kid and it's not going away, literally always haunted by it. I can't watch TV shows, go out in public, look for outfits, watch YouTube, I literally can't do anything without hating what I look like and feeling terrible about it. My sister isn't cursed with this.

I feel like the media is entirely made up out of hourglasses or people with small waists and small shoulders EVERYWHERE. The only place it's not is people who are plus size. Why is that the only two things in this world???? No body shapes are shown other than that.

I mean I'm so upset because I can't fix this. It's genetics. I can't change my height and ribs and shoulders. I have been underweight and at weight and done thousands of exercises and it looks the same. I feel like I'm the only person ever who looks like this, when I know that's not the case. I'm just so messed up about it. I'm stuck like this till I die.

It's a stupid thing to be to bent up about but I'm wondering if anyone else feels similarly? Or has found a way to work through this?

I feel like it could also be body dysmophia, but not sure. My discord is internetgirl#7464 if anybody wants to talk more ab this or just chat.

• Hugs
Reactions: jazzcat, Forever Sleep and inkyabyss
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
I can offer you a straight male perspective (at least mine) but only if you are comfortable .

Reactions: internetgirl
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
i weigh a lot more than you but i also long for an actual waist instead of two lumps forming at the bottom of my torso. haunted is a good word for it. i have to dress very particularly in order to 'pass' as normal-shaped. i got teased a lot at school before i figured that out. around the age most other girls were growing hips and boobs, i was learning how to hide my body behind dresses and loose clothing. hourglass is a completely unrealistic goal for me. tbh id take pear-shaped at this point! big butts are pretty popular these days too!

shapewear has become very prevalent in show business. that might not help much when youre out in the real world seeing real people (irl ladies can and do use it sometimes though), but a lot of women you see in the media are not shaped that way, even beyond cosmetic surgeries and photoshop. i was surprised when i learned that kpop idols, who are expected to be as thin as possible regardless of body type, regularly use hip and bra padding to create an hourglass figure where there isnt one.

it doesnt make me feel any better about how my body looks, but thinking about how it functions is thinking about something else at least. not in a sappy "i love my tummy because its where my babies came from :^)" or "i love my arms because i use them to hug people important to me :^)" way but more like... i can feed and dress myself and go to the bathroom on my own and i don't have to use a wheelchair and always worry about whether or not places are wheelchair-accessible. if i have to run, i can run. if i have to jump, i can jump. lots of people cant do these things and the ability to do them can be ripped away from any of us at any second.

Reactions: internetgirl
inkyabyss

inkyabyss

Jan 25, 2023
anyone else really depressed about their bone structure?

it's a vain thing to be sad about, and I've got other reasons as well but something that's haunted me for years are my genetics.

I'm short (5'2 157 centimeters) and have a small torso, I've also got broad shoulders and am super flat on everything except my chest (meaning no hips or anything else like that)
all this results in someone who looks weirdly bulky and has literally 0 waist at all. I'm like a weird box. I go to the gym and exercise but it doesn't change anything, even being 87 lbs and underweight I still think I look fat, and I do all because of bone structure. Clothes never looked right, and everyone else around me is a perfect hourglass it kills me. Even just having a waist is something I envy. I've been so messed up about this since I was a kid and it's not going away, literally always haunted by it. I can't watch TV shows, go out in public, look for outfits, watch YouTube, I literally can't do anything without hating what I look like and feeling terrible about it. My sister isn't cursed with this.

I feel like the media is entirely made up out of hourglasses or people with small waists and small shoulders EVERYWHERE. The only place it's not is people who are plus size. Why is that the only two things in this world???? No body shapes are shown other than that.

I mean I'm so upset because I can't fix this. It's genetics. I can't change my height and ribs and shoulders. I have been underweight and at weight and done thousands of exercises and it looks the same. I feel like I'm the only person ever who looks like this, when I know that's not the case. I'm just so messed up about it. I'm stuck like this till I die.

It's a stupid thing to be to bent up about but I'm wondering if anyone else feels similarly? Or has found a way to work through this?

I feel like it could also be body dysmophia, but not sure. My discord is internetgirl#7464 if anybody wants to talk more ab this or just chat.
I hear you!! I also have a lot of body issues with my bone structure and my height. Love your pfp btw!