willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
okay this is a very odd question but does anyone else notice a specific scent when they are depressed or extremely stressed? normally i don't have much BO at all but when i my mental health is doing very poorly my pits will swear and release nasty smells no matter how much deodorant i put on. sorry if this is TMI i'm just curious if anyone else has this issue

Reactions: Ender, TooConscious and Silvermorning
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Sweat from fear smells different than normal sweat.

Reactions: Wrennie, Lostandlooking, TooConscious and 3 others
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
A doc told me that unidentified food allergies (gluten whatever) can also be exacerbated under stress and cause these types of things.

Reactions: willitpass
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Stress or excitement causes my armpits to cry salty tears.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, Élégie, TrailerTrash and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have been through the mill as far as doctors go, with everything from cancer to permanently messed up right side of body and 24/7 chronic pain. Now, at least from my experience, doctors generally have always told me that EVERYONE is 100% unique in body/mental.etc...Now I have not seen my older brother in over 30 years but I am way over 6 feet tall and he is barely 5 foot tall. I think, that yes, stress, mood, darn near anything and everything can cause a person to "smell", body odor, skin problems, the list goes on. Now you me I have, not to be gross, alot of arm pit odor, so I use a clinical strength product and it works for me. Like my chronic pain a med works for me to keep it somewhat down and other people it does not work well. Go figure I guess! Another way to look at it is that is why we are all intertwined on ss. WE are all ONE HUGE GLOBAL FAMILY and we have strength and caring and love that helps not only one person here BUT ALL OF US. Love and all the caring in the world to my family here!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TooConscious and Silvermorning
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
When too down, i hardly shower in weeks or months at the worst, i just change clothes to keep outward appereances as normal as possible and use a soapy sponge for parts of the body , so i literally must smell of depression, dunno.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bunnies, Good4Nothing, TooConscious and 2 others
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Well we have pheromones I don't know if that'll give you a 'proven' explanation. My armpit sweat I notice smells angry and sour after just one day... My crotch gives off a horrible nauseating smell. Like mildew/y sweat. My breath wreaks in the morning if I don't clean my teeth and use mouthwash.
But to be honest before I was showed compassion by a couple of people I was a homeless alcoholic I never even bothered using the community showers offered I went 5 months without bathing just drinking, soiling myself and just cleaning up with wet wipes.. I didn't care about the effect my wreaking of shit had on others, he'll I loved it tbh I thought we'll society threw me away this is what you get and be chuckling to myself whilst seeing the people around me in the cue close to vomiting.
I'm not proud but this is what society creates when it destroys people.
I'm quite hygienic now but still struggle after a day.

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and Gnip
in hell out soon

in hell out soon

Student
Apr 27, 2020
I've noticed my feet sweat and tend to smell more when my self confidence is low, particularly when both my anxiety and depression are bad. Weirdly, my armpits smell like nothing at all most of the time I'm the same circumstances. (Obviously I still bathe when I can..)

Its a bit weird but now that you mention it...

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Since the mid 1990's, I've taken chlorophyll supplements as an internal deodorant. Hunters have used concentrated chlorophyll tablets since the early 1950's so the prey they are hunting can't smell them.

Additionally, I haven't had a single black fly or mosquito bite in this millennium, and bugs bit me so much when I was a kid that it's a miracle they didn't carry me off into the air.

The chlorophyll supplements I use contain copper as an additional deodorant. (Not all chlorophyll supplements contain copper.)

My father likes to eat hard boiled eggs, so when he uses the bathroom, the resulting smell can be like sulfuric springs. When I have him using chlorophyll supplements, he doesn't stink up the bathroom.

Chlorophyll powder is dumped in pools of stagnant water in the middle east to suffocate mosquito larvae for controlling malaria there.

Do not take my word for it. Try taking chlorophyll supplements for controlling body odor and stopping bites from black flies and mosquitoes. (Be advised it's normal that chlorophyll supplements will turn poop green, but it won't stink either, and you'll have the right to act like it doesn't!) Either black flies and mosquitoes are biting you, or they aren't. Either you have body odor or you don't. No placebo involved. (Everybody in my family knows whether or not my father is taking his chlorophyll supplements. When he starts stinking up the bathroom again, I'll know he's run out of chlorophyll, or has otherwise stopped taking it.)

Be advised that copper supplements can tax a compromised liver. However, zinc and copper supplements can offset the negative effects of each. I take 50 mg zinc daily because zinc makes me toxic to ticks. I live in a heavily wooded area, yet haven't seen a single tick on my body in decades. Hunters discovered zinc supplements were effective for tick control after about 30 days of use. All the successful hunters I know use both chlorophyll with copper and zinc supplements. (Not only can't smell sensitive prey sniff out these hunters, but since the bugs aren't biting them, it's easy for them to remain still and not have to scratch any itches.)

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, kitch, LucaChangretta and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 25174

Jan 4, 2021
When I start getting unwell the first thing I start noticing is my sweat smells different. It's not because I'm not washing and it goes in my eyes and burns like acid. The smells not horrible it just completely changes. I suppose it gives credence to the fact it's something chemical going on in my body that makes me insane

Reactions: Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
When I start getting unwell the first thing I start noticing is my sweat smells different. It's not because I'm not washing and it goes in my eyes and burns like acid. The smells not horrible it just completely changes. I suppose it gives credence to the fact it's something chemical going on in my body that makes me insane

This is why dogs seemingly have an extrasensory ability to understand us. They can literally smell our emotions (as well as hear them, through our respiration, heart rate and other bodily functions). When they lick us, they can taste our emotions. They can sense cancerous malignancies which no medical technology has yet been able to match (particularly in urine and stool samples, where they are trained to sit down beside malignant specimens).

• Wow
Reactions: Good4Nothing
Cherrypea

Cherrypea

I remember when all this will be again
May 3, 2020
I can smell it when my children and pets are ill....

Reactions: Gnip
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I know that antidepressants can cause excessive sweating which increases body odor exponentially.