sera

sera

forever sleep
Jun 16, 2023
if there are any others who deal with body dysmorphia and have any tips with how to make it hurt less, please drop down below?

tw 4 anorexia and body dysmorphia

lately i've been unable to even look at my body in the mirror; if i do my makeup, i only look at my face. my clothes don't fit on my body the same way anymore; i'll throw on an outfit that used to fit like a glove a year ago but now doesn't. i know i'm not "unhealthy" or "overweight," but i'm so unable to look in the mirror without feeling utterly repulsed. it's an overwhelming feeling

people talk about body positivity or body neutrality, but i can't feel anything but disgust when looking at myself, and it makes me so sad, and i can feel myself relapsing with my anorexia

i don't want to start starving myself again, but i won't deny that it's crossed my mind a few times. it'd be an awful way to ctb, but maybe it'd help me want to ctb less. idk. is there anyone else out there like me? i know there are, but it's so hard to remember when i want to snip parts of myself off with scissors or starve myself until i'm skin and bones. i want to ctb for many reasons, but this is a big one

• Hugs
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, 90starve, miserableforever and 1 other person
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
i recently relapsed into my anorexia. it's been absolutely awful. please stay as safe as possible. we're all here for you and you're never alone. much love.

miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
if there are any others who deal with body dysmorphia and have any tips with how to make it hurt less, please drop down below?

tw 4 anorexia and body dysmorphia

lately i've been unable to even look at my body in the mirror; if i do my makeup, i only look at my face. my clothes don't fit on my body the same way anymore; i'll throw on an outfit that used to fit like a glove a year ago but now doesn't. i know i'm not "unhealthy" or "overweight," but i'm so unable to look in the mirror without feeling utterly repulsed. it's an overwhelming feeling

people talk about body positivity or body neutrality, but i can't feel anything but disgust when looking at myself, and it makes me so sad, and i can feel myself relapsing with my anorexia

i don't want to start starving myself again, but i won't deny that it's crossed my mind a few times. it'd be an awful way to ctb, but maybe it'd help me want to ctb less. idk. is there anyone else out there like me? i know there are, but it's so hard to remember when i want to snip parts of myself off with scissors or starve myself until i'm skin and bones. i want to ctb for many reasons, but this is a big one
I fell back into old habits a few days ago and I'm just now getting comfortable with my body again. Collarbones are showing and the starvation is in full swing. Sucks cause I feel lethargic, not even mentioning the pains. I'm sure you look great, but I also know that dysmorphia is a real thing. Try to resist the urge, or give yourself breaks every few days so your body doesn't tank.

Rack.-

Rack.-

Trying to understand this world
Jun 11, 2023
I don't know if it could help you but if you feel bad about your body you could try working on it. Calisthenic exercises would already do it (you know, push ups, crunches, pull ups... or any kind of exercise that goes with your bodyweight). I think training your body could help you to love yourself more ❤️

Reactions: Bobert_Beniro
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
i used to struggle with disordered eating and body dysmorphia as a young teenager - i still do these days just not so severe, but i have been trying to remind myself that my body loves me and takes care of me regardless of how i think of it. your body loves you unconditionally, and fights everyday to keep you healthy <3

i still look at myself everyday with disgust though - if i haven't filled in my eyebrows i look like an alien, my dark circles make me look like a crackhead, one side of my face is bigger than the other from a rare bone condition that can't be cured.

it's hard for anyone to accept their "flaws", and im not sure i ever completely will. but i know they're not things that i can ever change, so my only option is to accept and move on.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Opichi, Bobert_Beniro and stermc
Bunnymmm

Bunnymmm

Aug 29, 2022
I still struggle with it from time to time, I would say get the hell off of any social media, because it will push those standards back into you.

C

Cute_&_Loving

I like trinkets:)
May 10, 2023
Doctors say that I have one. But I don't believe it. Not everyone who hates their own body have a diagnosis. But I feel you. I really do. Sometimes I scratch my face, slap or punch myself, so I would feel physical pain for being such an uggo. I know how it feels to be stuck in a body, with a face you hate so much. I'm very sorry you have to go through this. I imagine your anguish is even stronger than anything I felt. I don't know how people do it. How they learn to love themselves and their bodies. But I do believe you need a support from your loved ones and probably doctors' help….. somehow you need to make a leap of faith that things can get better for you….
Stay safe, please ♥️♥️❤️♥️❤️♥️♥️