• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

bonniekeane49

Feb 17, 2024
i everyone , apologies if i ramble but this is one of the many thoughts that run through my head.
historically doctors/ governments/ people of power etc made all the important decisions - eg: in my country when a woman got married she had to legally stop working, or if she wanted a condom she had to attend the doctor and get a prescription for it, birth control was illegal until about 40 years ago, you were the property of the husband.
we have moved forward so much over the years and in todays world we have so much more bodily autonomy - eg; reproductive rights for women, healthcare is very much consent based.
So i wonder then why- if someone (a consenting adult) decides "i want to die" , why are they not given the same bodily autonomy/ respect/ support. Ive worked as a medical professional in the acute setting for over 30 years, im not naive.
why cant we have a system where you get referred to the end of life support , undertake psychological assessment to make sure you are of right mind, and then have to wait 6 months - to a year and reevaluated again. and if you still feel the same way you can proceed and get to end your life with dignity .
instead im left feeling like a criminal trying to source pharmaceuticals online, and 99% likely to get scammed by a fraudster. at 18 you are allowed vote, drive, buy a gun, train to be a pilot/ join the army... when i was 16 i could barely look after myself ... why not at my age.. can i not decide how i want my life to go!

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I could try rationalizing it in different ways but in the end it always ends up being hypocritical. I could say that society wants to prevent you from harming your body but then I think about all the ways society harms you that are worse than death, and they even dare to call it "help".

It doesn't make sense, nothing does really. We gave too much credit to humans around us but they are just mammals playing god.

B

bonniekeane49

Feb 17, 2024
to be honest im just pissed off and ranting ;) - i know ending ones life couldn't and shouldn't be made legal for everyone to decide for themselves. it just pisses me off sometimes that you have bodily autonomy at age 16 to partake in activities that are scientifically proven to kill you- smoking etc ,or your trusted enough to vote/ marry/ bring a human into the world but have no control about how you leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N and sserafim
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Bodily Autonomy? Have you heard the crap they are talking about? Texas, Florida and now Alabama! In the name or freedom, the last thing they are going to give us is autonomy or freedom.

Reactions: sserafim
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Humans truly are such a disgusting species to me with how they are obsessed with prolonging the meaningless suffering of others even know we never even consented to existing here in the first place. To me it will always be unnacceptable how peaceful, guaranteed suicide methods aren't available for all, it's hellish to me how people have to struggle so much to cease existing on their own terms, I'd find it so relieving if peaceful methods like Nembutal became available.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Would your family happily support you in your decision? I think that's one major problem- there isn't widespread support for it. Parents don't want their children killing themselves. The younger they are, the more upset they seem to get and, the more they try to sue people. Parents vote and they protest when they get pissed off.

Our governments also probably don't want to lose their workforce. Even if a person isn't working, they're likely gobbling up pharmaceuticals which funds the companies our MP's likely benefit from.

So- they can hide behind things like popular opinion and religion but, it probably benefits them also to not let just anyone have easy access to suicide.