Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
So I've seen people say they bloodlet but what's the point of it if you don't just bleed out? Or is it like a comfort thing to bloodlet? Idk I'm new here and thought it interesting. I'd love to understand it if someone would explain it to me.

Reactions: RosyMapleMothss
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
If you're talking about SH I couldn't understand it either at first.
I think it makes them feel better and less stressed. But I don't do that so I can't go much into details, sorry.

Reactions: Some place nice
SilentSuicidal

SilentSuicidal

Jun 4, 2022
Bloodletting can be comforting, yes. I blood let because I wanted to put my body through immense struggle because I couldn't ctb. When I did it I felt calm, cold, sort of like in a trance. My body struggled to function, I couldn't walk 5 feet without my heart pounding and my vision going faint. I couldn't sleep because of the massive headaches from blood loss. I was cold all the time, yet I wanted more. It's the same with self harm, your body releases endorphins, dopamine, and what not and your brain likes it so you do more.

T

taslim

A girl has no home.
Oct 8, 2023
So I've seen people say they bloodlet but what's the point of it if you don't just bleed out? Or is it like a comfort thing to bloodlet? Idk I'm new here and thought it interesting. I'd love to understand it if someone would explain it to me.
It's actually a way I've relied on to stop myself from CTB. A compromise with my inner demons. "We can't die today, but here's some blood."

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
It's actually a way I've relied on to stop myself from CTB. A compromise with my inner demons. "We can't die today, but here's some blood."
How do you do it, Like what stuff do you use? Ik that watching the blood go into the tube when I get my blood drawn helps my psychosis and homicidal ideation. So I wander if it well help me if I started bloodletting.

T

taslim

A girl has no home.
Oct 8, 2023
How do you do it, Like what stuff do you use? Ik that watching the blood go into the tube when I get my blood drawn helps my psychosis and homicidal ideation. So I wander if it well help me if I started bloodletting.
I think I misunderstood. I always referred to cutting a bloodletting, I didn't realize it was an actual thing where you draw blood. Sorry

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I think I misunderstood. I always referred to cutting a bloodletting, I didn't realize it was an actual thing where you draw blood. Sorry
It's all good fam. I just learned about it about 2 days ago myself.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Curious about this too. Does it require a huge cut or just a stab? I want to SH but without really noticeable scars

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
Curious about this too. Does it require a huge cut or just a stab? I want to SH but without really noticeable scars
People use needles to do it and a bowl to catch the blood ofc. Someone said that they used some type of tube to let the blood flow easier but I couldn't find the thread it was on anymore.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
People use needles to do it and a bowl to catch the blood ofc. Someone said that they used some type of tube to let the blood flow easier but I couldn't find the thread it was on anymore.
The tube makes sense. I actually poked some holes in myself with a needle but not a lot comes out. Still somewhat satisfying though, in the way cutting is but 1/10th of that.

UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
My therapist told me that cutting actually releases endorphins in a similar way exercise might, so I'm guessing bloodletting does a similar thing to that. Not sure though, I've never bloodlet, cutting usually suffices for me.

exhaustedanonymous

exhaustedanonymous

everything that lives is gone to waste
Nov 14, 2022
I do it the same way as previous users have stated-

turn the water up to a very high temperature to get the blood running faster & then cutting. For me it's a form of pent-up stress release, kind of ?? Feeling so heavy-headed is really comforting. I find it weirdly grounding, but at the same time, dissociating... I do find it comforting, I guess, so.. yeah.
I blood let because I wanted to put my body through immense struggle because I couldn't ctb. When I did it I felt calm, cold, sort of like in a trance. My body struggled to function, I couldn't walk 5 feet without my heart pounding and my vision going faint.
This user described it a lot more eloquently than I could've

Don't do what I'm doing, probably. It's not very good.

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
Bloodletting for me is a form of self harm that makes my body struggle and work harder- causes physical symptoms like shortness of breath, palpitations, dizziness, nausea and distracts from the endless thoughts to ctb whilst it's not possible atm due to getting what I need to ctb. It's easy to hide- no big cut or burn taking ages to heal and no the pain isn't there but you get the physical long lasting symptoms that cutting and burning don't do. Bloodletting like all forms of sh is incredibly addictive and for me escalated very quickly. It remains a potential option as a way to kms but I'm currently fixated on a different option.

• Love