• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
I put the links to watch them right there : )

Yes--thank you! Just clicked on them. I think I'm going to watch TTM right now. It's a beautiful, breezy Midwestern (US) Saturday afternoon. Everyone's out with their family or significant other. In other words, perfect time to watch a true doomsday movie. (Hope that wasn't too dark.) Thanks!

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Yes--thank you! Just clicked on them. I think I'm going to watch TTM right now. It's a beautiful, breezy Midwestern (US) Saturday afternoon. Everyone's out with their family or significant other. In other words, perfect time to watch a true doomsday movie. (Hope that wasn't too dark.) Thanks!
It's been a while but I've seen them both one is from 1960 and the other is a remake from 2002 which I actually saw in the movie theater because I watched the original in high school and liked it.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
It's been a while but I've seen them both one is from 1960 and the other is a remake from 2002 which I actually saw in the movie theater because I watched the original in high school and liked it.

Sorta like "The Day The Earth Stood Still." Both the original and remake were good. So you've given me TWO great movies. No boring Saturday evening here. Much obliged, pardner.

mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Sorta like "The Day The Earth Stood Still." Both the original and remake were good. So you've given me TWO great movies. No boring Saturday evening here. Much obliged, pardner.
LOL I have both the original and the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" on dvd

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
LOL I have both the original and the remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" on dvd

It's one of my all-time favorites. The only major criticism I have of both, of course, is that they decided humanity was worth saving. I love the scene in which the scientist in the remake says, "You're not here to save us. You're here to save the earth from us!" Don't you wish movies were interactive so you could affect the outcome? :)

Reactions: mattwitt
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
These Final Hours
Knowing

Thanks! I'll look for TFH. Is Knowing the one starring Nicholas Cage, about the time capsule predicting future disasters? If so, I thought he got help averting the final disaster (at least for the species)--no? I should look it up. Appreciate the help!

Last edited: