leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Anyone watched Black mirror series?
The episodes I find that the most terrifying are the ones where they are uploading people's consciousness into quantum computers. So that they are doomed to exist forever.
One woman was essentially turned into a personal assistant forced to do menial tasks for the eternity.
Something like that is the true nightmare fuel.
And it is scary that it might very well happen in our lifetime.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotviolin, Tears in Rain and Homo erectus
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Never seen it, Amy good?

Reactions: Homo erectus
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yes, I thought they were really good and thought provoking. The one that got me was: Black Museum. That poor woman in the teddy bear. ☹️. I haven't seen the newer ones though and damn... I just cancelled my Amazon Prime...

Reactions: Homo erectus and leavingthesoultrap
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Yea I love black mirror. Actually my favourite one is San junipero, which is basically everything you mentioned so I'm not sure if I find it scary or not haha.

Reactions: pilotviolin, Tears in Rain, Homo erectus and 1 other person
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yea I love black mirror. Actually my favourite one is San junipero, which is basically everything you mentioned so I'm not sure if I find it scary or not haha.
Yeah it was some kind of paradise ai realm. But imagine how easy it would be to just switch the code and turn it into something like forced mental labor realm

Reactions: Tears in Rain and Homo erectus
Sukui

Sukui

Dec 3, 2023

Does this song sound familiar to you?
Loved that episode.

Apart from that one White Christmas is probably my favorite, the Plot-twist towards the end is insane. And yeah i agree with you, the concept of someones mind being copied and uploaded digitally is truly horrifying and something humanity will probably have to deal with eventually.
A lot of ethical questions we have to ask ourselves will arise from that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I have watched them all. The early ones are better. The last season is more dramatic than sci-fi. I guess the whole series may be based on some facts. It has happened before, or is happening somewhere. Much of what we are told is twisted for various reasons. Effectively we are living in a closed space with HD screens on all sides, like the Truman Show.

Reactions: Sukui