• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

homesick28

homesick28

Oct 26, 2020
Does anyone here listen to black metal? I feel no music is more cathartic. But if you haven't heard it before it might terrify.

There is no music that gives more honest credence to suffering then some of the music in that genre.

Won't name the artists I like out of respect for their work. If anything their music is a release not a driver to suicide.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I don't know if what I listen to counts as black metal, but any song where the singer screams from their soul deeply resonates with me. There's something I find immensely satisfying about pouring out all of your pent-up emotion in the form of a guttural roar.

namelessX8

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019
Does anyone here listen to black metal? I feel no music is more cathartic. But if you haven't heard it before it might terrify.

There is no music that gives more honest credence to suffering then some of the music in that genre.

Won't name the artists I like out of respect for their work. If anything their music is a release not a driver to suicide.
I like the type of black metal that blends symphonic elements with screams...

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Black metal, no.

Metal, Nu-Metal, Grunge, Post-Grunge; generally along those lines.

Reactions: homesick28
homesick28

homesick28

Oct 26, 2020
I know Im going back on the not sharing. But the album artwork and its morbidity and alcohol . I want to share. Helps sleep at night these two beautiful men. You give a voice to my suffering that I don't have and never have had and I want to share it. If you ever see this I love you.

VisionsOfHell

VisionsOfHell

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Not anymore.
I remember when I heard filosofem for the first time I had no idea how people could possibly like that shit...and after two weeks I was completely hooked. Never got too deep into it though, mostly listened to the standard norweigan bands from the 90s.

NoneMoreNegative

NoneMoreNegative

Aug 27, 2020

Hell yeah.
I'm into black metal in general, but more specifically DSBM, blackened death metal and psychedelic black metal (think of "In the Woods...")

Reactions: homesick28
Oozzy

Oozzy

Jan 19, 2021
I don't listen black metal these days but I always loved Bathory and Emperor. Under the Sign of the Black Mark and In the Nightside Eclipse are masterpieces

Reactions: NoneMoreNegative