• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Quitter

Quitter

Sep 4, 2019
Oh dear, what kind? Obscure bands for all your Satan-summoning needs, or pop music like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth?

My personal favourites that I can think of right now are Behemoth, Anorexia Nervosa, Psyclon Nine, Bathory, The Kovenant, Ajattara... tbh I'm not super into black metal these days so idk what the cool kids listen to.

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
Idc anything will do
AngelMaker - "Godless"
AngelMaker - "Hollow Heart"
Avarice - "Venom Spitter"
Thy Art is Murder - "Reign of Darkness"
Fit For An Autopsy - "Saltwound"
Lorna Shore - "FVNERAL MOON"
Black Tongue - "Blight"
To The Grave - "Born Dead"
The Raven Autarchy - Inanimate
Make Them Suffer - "Weeping Wastelands"
Pathological Waste - "The End"
SIG:AR:TYR - "Midwinter Sacrifice"
Shade Empire - "Pain & Pleasure"
Moonsorrow - "Jotunheim" (orchestral version)
Do you like deathcore?

S

Soundgarden

Sep 15, 2019
Oh dear, what kind? Obscure bands for all your Satan-summoning needs, or pop music like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth?

Thank you for putting a smile on my face :-)

Your post transported me to a time when me and my friends would spend hours debating and making lists of trve metal bands. Dimmu and Cradle always got a bashing for being too joyful. "Ohhh... the keyboards" :-D

If only life were that easy now.

bipolarg0ner

bipolarg0ner

The Art of Human Sacrifice
Sep 12, 2019
AngelMaker - "Godless"
AngelMaker - "Hollow Heart"
Avarice - "Venom Spitter"
Thy Art is Murder - "Reign of Darkness"
Fit For An Autopsy - "Saltwound"
Lorna Shore - "FVNERAL MOON"
Black Tongue - "Blight"
To The Grave - "Born Dead"
The Raven Autarchy - Inanimate
Make Them Suffer - "Weeping Wastelands"
Pathological Waste - "The End"
SIG:AR:TYR - "Midwinter Sacrifice"
Shade Empire - "Pain & Pleasure"
Moonsorrow - "Jotunheim" (orchestral version)
Do you like deathcore?
Fuck yeah

My personal favourites that I can think of right now are Behemoth, Anorexia Nervosa, Psyclon Nine, Bathory, The Kovenant, Ajattara... tbh I'm not super into black metal these days so idk what the cool kids listen to.

Dimmu Borgir for sure lol

Reactions: Quitter
Quitter

Quitter

Sep 4, 2019
Thank you for putting a smile on my face :-)

Your post transported me to a time when me and my friends would spend hours debating and making lists of trve metal bands. Dimmu and Cradle always got a bashing for being too joyful. "Ohhh... the keyboards" :-D

If only life were that easy now.

Ah yes, I remember the days of my metal elitism well. Nowadays I jump between asian hip-hop and grindcore without a care, I've lost all my street cred ;( Oh and I do like Dimmu actually, great live shows too. Cradle reminds me too much of my 12-yo self, I cringe too much to listen to it.

edit: this guy brings an actual orchestra on the stage, how is that not epic

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundgarden
S

Soundgarden

Sep 15, 2019
Epic indeed!

At least there are some advantages to growing up... like being able to admit you actually looove all the "posers".

I saw you named Bathory in your post. Now that's a band I haven't thought of in ages. Blood on ice is a masterpiece!

bipolarg0ner

bipolarg0ner

The Art of Human Sacrifice
Sep 12, 2019
Ah yes, I remember the days of my metal elitism well. Nowadays I jump between asian hip-hop and grindcore without a care, I've lost all my street cred ;( Oh and I do like Dimmu actually, great live shows too. Cradle reminds me too much of my 12-yo self, I cringe too much to listen to it.

edit: this guy brings an actual orchestra on the stage, how is that not epic

Fucking love the female vocalist

Reactions: Quitter
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

Ahah, I love it. Please Satan-summoning stuff for me. I've got some stuff to sell to that fucker.

Reactions: Thorn
NemoZeno

NemoZeno

Quae Est Absurdum
Nov 6, 2018
I don't really care for typical black metal. My only exception is if it's melodic (of which there is a sub-sub genre).

I don't really listen to metal as much as I used to but to date I have only found 1 black metal band I absolutely love: Shade Empire.

My favorite song. Give the first couple of minutes a pass: it IS relevant to the song even if you haven't read Milton's Paradise Lost. If it's not your type of black, the fucking fantastic symphony background and death growls are goosebump inducing.

Their best album IMO. I liked the beginning of Ruins best (whole thing ain't bad though), Ash Statues, Disembodiment, the eponymous album title.
Unsurprisingly, the songs I "plugged" are the more symphonic/melodic: I don't care if black metal is singing about demon summoning using babies; if it's melodic I can rock with it.

Hail Finland.

Last edited:
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Gorgoroth.
Some people seem to hate them.
I agree that there are much better black metal bands out there but they habe some very good songs.
I also like Mayhem and Burzum, of course but these are the all time classics.