• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aquariusgemini

aquariusgemini

Useless burden
May 26, 2019
I don't know, but usually I feel "happy" like not really, but just fine, able to function, maybe some real smiles in the morning to afternoon. And then in evening (5 or 6?) everything comes crashing down. I think it's because of my mom, since I/she usually come(s) back home around this time (she's quite toxic), but it's there, whether I like it or not. and then I'm up the next day, it goes away and the cycle continues.

Now I'm not actually living with her (I'm live in my school's dorm), but I'm still having these mood shifts. Is this bipolar disorder? I don't really think so, but I'm not really sure about it.

Reactions: Circles
E

Endless

Sep 25, 2018
Doesn't sound like bipolar to me. Sounds like you are reacting to an environmental stressor (your mum). Also, its not uncommon to feel different at different times of day given our bodies natural circadian rhythms.

Reactions: sunny.sativa
aquariusgemini

aquariusgemini

Useless burden
May 26, 2019
Doesn't sound like bipolar to me. Sounds like you are reacting to an environmental stressor (your mum). Also, its not uncommon to feel different at different times of day given our bodies natural circadian rhythms.
Thanks!

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
You can actually look up DSM-5 criteria for this and see if you fit into it :) i highly doubt it as u dont seem to be manic at all, BPD isnt normal-sad fluxuations its supper happy and active, to sad and wet... idk didnt pay much attention in psych

Reactions: Final Escape
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I have Bipolar 1. I am either extremly manic, lots of energy/dellusional or extremly depressed to the point of not being able to function. The high or low lasts for several weeks to months at a time. I hope you find the answer.

ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
I was diagnosed with bipolar too and know how you feel, sometimes the mornings and afternoons (around 4 or 5 PM) is where is really starts to affect me but it all depends on how my day goes

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Agreed. I was gonna say this same thing.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Burn out is now considered a mental disorder lol! You can just about fit all of us into the DSM. They create new disorders all the time. ADD/ADHD is a coping tool u develop if u grew up in certain environment. It's not really a disorder it's a defense mechanism for childhood trauma. That's why so many kids now are put on the meds bc it's a sad reality that parents more stressed and unhappy, kids absorb the stress or abusive environment and develop ADD. I was listening to Gabor Mate discuss this on YouTube.

Reactions: Rez_MbChB
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
You could always talk to a family doctor if it seems like your mood is elevated more than what others seem to experience. Especially if you've had the same doc for awhile. I have to agree with the person above about Bipolar 1: I've either been manic for weeks at a time where everything is great, but goddamn I do some weird and self-destructive shit. Then depression/anxiety for months, even years at a time. You don't sound at all like that to me. But I think the bigger question is how did you make your way here?

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Burn out is now considered a mental disorder lol! You can just about fit all of us into the DSM. They create new disorders all the time. ADD/ADHD is a coping tool u develop if u grew up in certain environment. It's not really a disorder it's a defense mechanism for childhood trauma. That's why so many kids now are put on the meds bc it's a sad reality that parents more stressed and unhappy, kids absorb the stress or abusive environment and develop ADD. I was listening to Gabor Mate discuss this on YouTube.
Just thought it might be important to say, disorder only really means if it effects your life in some way, like for instance you could fit in the criteria for GAD but if you were still able to function properly this wouldnt technially be called a disorder. Burn out was probably added more for medico-legal reasons tbh. Such as medical certificates, insurance companies, paying out for lost income when off work etc.