Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Does drinking only weekends until drunk make me alcoholic and might cause me liver issues ?
I'm scared to get liver cirrhosis from that as it's not easy way to go after seeing my friend dying from alcoholic liver hepatitis. It was slow very slow and painful death

W

Whistea

Jul 29, 2022
Getting liver cirrhosis from just drinking on the weekends is EXTREMELY unlikely, if you are not heavily predisposed to it, genetically or consume ungodly amounts. I know a few Russians in their late 40s/early 50s who drink like crazy, like they get together and get shitfaced every 2-3 days. They've been doing that for what, 5, 10, 20 years? And their livers are surely not what you'd consider healthy, but none ruptured. Also, drinking on weekends, so every 5-7 days does not make you an alcoholic at all. It might make you a problem drinker or lead to alcoholism down the line, nontheless I would not say that someone drinking on weekends has an alcohol problem. Take that from someone that actually does.

Last edited:
Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
Just weekends? I'd say you have nothing to worry about. I have been drinking a pint+ of vodka daily for about 5 years. I'm a shadow of who I used to be but still alive and kicking.

Reactions: Blue_mist
Blue_mist

Blue_mist

Mortal
Apr 14, 2021
Getting live cirrhosis from just drinking on the weekends is EXTREMELY unlikely, if you are not heavily predisposed to it, genetically or consume ungodly amounts. I know a few Russians in their late 40s/early 50s who drink like crazy, like they get together and get shitfaced every 2-3 days. They've been doing that for what, 5, 10, 20 years? And their livers are surely not what you'd consider healthy, but none ruptured. Also, drinking on weekends, so every 5-7 days does not make you an alcoholic at all. It might make you a problem drinker or lead to alcoholism down the line, nontheless I would not say that someone drinking on weekends has an alcohol problem. Take that from someone that actually does.
Thanks for your reply, it gave me kind of a relief. When i asked 2 doctors they made it like I'm going to die horrendous death soon lol
Just weekends? I'd say you have nothing to worry about. I have been drinking a pint+ of vodka daily for about 5 years. I'm a shadow of who I used to be but still alive and kicking.
I wish you good health and long happy life