Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I bought 40 dollars worth of BTC using Binance.us (for a test run) and attempted to transfer it to my Electrum wallet address, only for me to be presented with a brief error message at the top of the screen that said something along the lines of my "assets being locked" (which quickly disappeared within seconds) so I didn't have enough time to grasp the meaning. I checked my Electrum wallet and no funds were delivered to the address I specified. My 40 bucks vanished into thin air and from my Binance account. I got no withdrawal confirmation email. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: Makko
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
Is there any clock symbol with a transfer amount or sign of the incoming transfer to electrum? You may have to be on TOR to see it if thats how your electrum wallet is set up.
Are you verified on binance? It usually won't let you trade until then and will freeze transfers until that's handled.

Last edited:
Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
Pretty sure when a transfer is made in Binance.US there's a certain period of time those assets are locked in there, before you can withdraw them. I guess until they clear your bank officially or something, so they essentially good for that amount. I invest in crypto and I'm not a fan of Binance because of that.

Last edited:
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I can't figure out shit. Binance wouldn't work for me. I'm currently trying Coinbase Pro. Shit is more complicated than expected. Good luck.

Reactions: Wrennie
brutalus

brutalus

Student
Jun 14, 2021
binance is in trouble... maybe coinbse better now or bybit idk

Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
I thought about that a week or so ago when people were having issues. I could totally help transfer money to BTC, and get it to the BTC addy needed.

It's just the fact that you cant vet and no-one will trust just anyone with money online.

I could still give pointers and help however I can be of assistance anyway.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I can't figure out shit. Binance wouldn't work for me. I'm currently trying Coinbase Pro. Shit is more complicated than expected. Good luck.
I guess I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one completely and utterly baffled by crypto. It seems like everyone else on here just instantly grasps it and suddenly they have their N, meanwhile I'm desperate and panicking and it's hard enough to learn something new & complex or just all around cognitively function as it is, what with me having a debilitatingly painful physical condition coupled with severe depression muddying my thoughts.

I went with Binance as a platform because I read that it lets new users purchase and transfer much larger amounts of BTC without forcing them to wait a month or so before their next transaction. It was also recommended to me by a few other users on here. Due to the highly unpredictable nature of crypto, I wouldn't want to risk the BTC I'd already purchased decreasing in value while I'm forced to wait in order to convert and accumulate the rest of the BTC required for me to purchase N.

Does Coinbase Pro limit new users' purchase of BTC like I recall being the case with regular Coinbase? Is there like a weekly or monthly limit to how much you can purchase and transfer? Also, if you don't mind me asking - in what ways did you struggle with Binance?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I guess I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only one completely and utterly baffled by crypto. It seems like everyone else on here just instantly grasps it and suddenly they have their N, meanwhile I'm desperate and panicking and it's hard enough to learn something new & complex or just all around cognitively function as it is, what with me having a debilitatingly painful physical condition coupled with severe depression muddying my thoughts.

I went with Binance as a platform because I read that it lets new users purchase and transfer much larger amounts of BTC without forcing them to wait a month or so before their next transaction. It was also recommended to me by a few other users on here. Due to the highly unpredictable nature of crypto, I wouldn't want to risk the BTC I'd already purchased decreasing in value while I'm forced to wait in order to convert and accumulate the rest of the BTC required for me to purchase N.

Does Coinbase Pro limit new users' purchase of BTC like I recall being the case with regular Coinbase? Is there like a weekly or monthly limit to how much you can purchase and transfer? Also, if you don't mind me asking - in what ways did you struggle with Binance?
I ended up going with CashApp. It was a lot simpler. Good luck.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I ended up going with CashApp. It was a lot simpler. Good luck.
I may try this instead... but does it limit how much BTC a new user can purchase? Also, are you using an external wallet (like Electrum for example), or does Cashup also serve as a wallet as well? Thank you.

Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
I may try this instead... but does it limit how much BTC a new user can purchase? Also, are you using an external wallet (like Electrum for example), or does Cashup also serve as a wallet as well? Thank you.
CashApp is the only App you need...not wallets or whatever..it's included. I don't know the limit...but it's sufficient with ordering what you want.