Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
So I don't want bad people to end up scamming any of you especially considering how vulnerable we all are on this site in one way or another.

You might be aware of scammers from any countries speaking in thick Caucasian accents trying to tell you that you computer antivirus needs to be fixed or that there are some fake legal charges against you or your family and that paying these guys is the only way to fix those problems. What you don't know is that many people, especially older ones who are not tech savvy, fall prey to these scammers and end up giving them a lot of money.

In some cases, these amounts are severe enough that the person who is scammed may end up falling into depression and committing suicide.

I have recently been watching something called scam baiter videos on Youtube and Facebook. What happens is an expert in cybersecurity typically calls up tele scammers and holds conversations with them in a fake voice pretending to be a clueless elderly person and leads them on typically until the scammers realize they are the ones being scammed and hang up, usually after some expletives. I already live in the country where many of these scam call centre guys are based and I know their tricks but it's interesting to see them becoming targets of scam baiters. At the same time, it's also saddening to think of how many people they have scammed which has led to these videos in the first place.

My point is, if you have never experienced anyone trying to scam you over a call then stay aware and stay safe. Also inform your less tech-savvy parents and grandparents about such things and keep them safe too.

I would hate to see anyone lose money to these vile creatures.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, NumbItAll and FML_
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Been watching Kitboga lately myself, great comedy. Even if you know how ridiculous the scams are, it is illuminating how some people will do and say anything to get what they want, with no regard for who they are hurting. Not just limited to scam calls.

Reactions: Painless_end
Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
Been watching Kitboga lately myself, great comedy. Even if you know how ridiculous the scams are, it is illuminating how some people will do and say anything to get what they want, with no regard for who they are hurting. Not just limited to scam calls.
Yes, I also watch Pierogi on Scammer Payback.