uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
I am seeking advice on my situation, I have ADHD and kind of feel like I am between a rock and a hard place.

I have been working towards getting the pieces for the sn method and after I order benzos, I will have each piece. I also recently lost the last two friends that I had (tried to have me institutionalized). I am estranged from my family, have been for years. So this means that I've got a suicide method I could use any time over the next 3 years (with the sn expiration window, probably even longer, I would just want to test it) and I don't have anyone close to me anymore that would be so deeply affected by my death. I love the feeling of having this freedom, it genuinely makes me feel better to have an exit button. It makes me feel like I can get through the days. I don't necessarily think of it long term, but it definitely takes the edge off for right now.

With that being said, I know that it is unsustainable to attempt to live in solidarity. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, you need social supports for a sense of belonging. Would I be able to get that from things like a volunteer activism group and a couple book clubs? maybe some pickleball/hiking groups or something? Basically very casual and loose acquaintances.

I truly fear having close relationships again. Between my suicidal ideations, emotional dysregulation- heightened by pmdd, and rejection sensitive dysphoria, I have a really hard time maintaining close relationships. It is traumatizing to have these relationships keep ending over and over. I feel like I am constantly being abandoned due to my neurodivergence. I know it is more complicated and nuanced than that, I also realize that I am the main one keeping people out because I feel unsafe. I really fear having my freedoms taken away and in a sense, I am stealing some of my own freedoms of connecting with others because of this fear. I honestly never really felt like I truly connected with anyone before anyway because of my adhd, I always feel unseen and misunderstood. I also fear developing close relationships and feeling more trapped in life because of the guilt of ctb.

I feel pressured to make a decision because living in this limbo space isn't productive, but I don't feel like I can commit to life without support and I don't know if casual acquaintances are enough to get by. I know if I set my mind to a commitment to life, I will be able to lessen the thoughts and get better temporarily. I will also have to be strong enough when they try and come back. I have successfully gotten rid of most suicidal ideation before, only to have it creep back in because my mind was too weak to fight it off.

I have been able to figure out the other things in life okay. I have an okay job and could spend my time working on side projects/hobbies and volunteering/learning. I have a cat (really a kitten, only 10 months old) and she is a good companion.

Is that enough to live for or do we need close relationships? I know everyone is different, but what is your opinion, could you do life without close relationships?
I also feel like I cant talk to a therapist about this even though it is obviously a trauma response because of the relation to suicide :/

• Hugs
Reactions: DrearyAsh348, landslide2 and -Link-
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I'd like to offer you a real hug, but all I have is this virtual one in its place.

I'm not sure I'm equipped to try advising about what you're asking us here.

But your post does resonate with me, strongly, and I'm wishing you as best as can be under the circumstances.

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and uniqueusername4