• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MyNameIsRavi

MyNameIsRavi

ughweeeee
Apr 26, 2024
Hey, I just had a 500g bottle of SN arrive today. The container itself seems fine, and it's sealed with heatshrink plastic but I'm worried about what's gonna happen once I open it to test it. I'm aware that SN is pretty stable as per the sticky thread, but I can't seem to find much info on the practice of storing SN itself.

Should I just close the container quickly afterwards and warp it up tightly with cling warp, followed by putting it in an airtight container? Should I find a small airtight glass jar and submerge 25-35g in distilled water? I'm not entirely sure what the best practices for this are.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I live in Australia and I really do not wanna have to take another risk on buying another container in case I screw this up. I'm lucky I even managed to get this through customs (assuming it's legitimate). I don't plan on going at this exact moment, so I wanna make sure my SN stays safe until if/when I decide to go.

Reactions: Forveleth and Decided98
teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
ive read that the best thing you can do is get two separated packages of the same product, one for testing purposes. would also like to hear about storing SN, id like to keep mine safe so i know i have it always and it'll always be potent

Reactions: Decided98 and gantaigarashi
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Any advice on the above guys?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Keep it away from heat, light, and excess moisture (like, don't store it in your bathroom). Resealing it with plastic wrap could be good if you want to keep it for 6+ months. It's a non-reactive salt on it's own so it will store for years if you keep it sealed. It will clump but a lot of salts do that.