• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Considering that I have a method that could create panic, at least in the initial phase, I was thinking about what music or sounds I could use to stay calm during the act, I was also considering that the choice of music could also influence a possible near-death experience so I think it's a very important thing at this point, not putting anything on I don't know if it's a good idea because hearing the breathing, at least at the beginning, that becomes more and more intense could lead to panic so I need music or a noise that gives a sense of calm, I don't think a lively music is good and after a life of depression I would like to avoid a sad one, the ideal would be a calm that gives a sense of peace and possibly with an epic or angelic tone.

So far I've found these as possible candidates:

I think that even those who kill themselves via SN can benefit from this since it is not immediate, as for those who hang themselves I don't know, the process is quite fast, maybe to calm down before the act. The majority of other methods that come to my mind are quite fast and maybe don't require anything like this, but as I said it can be useful before.

In near-death experiences I have read that angelic music can already be heard, I wonder what could come out of hearing such music already, even if it is not said that everyone has them or that everyone hears music.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fleetingnight
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Warlock
Apr 15, 2024
Chopin's funeral march is pretty fitting. Or military taps:

The taps will show those who find me that I was defeated in fighting my mental battles.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fleetingnight
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I'm a bit worried about music too. I wanna go out listening to my favorite song, but I'm honestly worried it'll motivate me to stay alive against my best judgement lol. Meditation music is a good idea. Maybe instrumental versions of songs could be good to look at too, I find them relaxing.

B

bus catcher

Jul 22, 2024
I think music would be a great idea to calm down while planning or committing suicide. I personally would go with rain sounds + clair de lune. I found this on YouTube that I listened to before and found calming. . but others might go with just rain sounds or just classical music. I would not choose anything catchy personally, as it would probably distract me from attempting when I ctb.

B

BlackDoor

Jul 21, 2024
I would suggest solo piano music. As a single instrument, most of the time the crescendo (climax) isn't too pronounced or intense.

I used to play a random solo piano playlist at the place I used to work (we were encouraged not to play any music with lyrics or that might inadvertently trigger any of our clients). A lot of people remarked they found it soothing.