miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
I have a kid and CTB has to be my absolute last resort. I don't believe in therapy, just like I don't believe in religion, but I found someone who will get meds for me.
Just climbed out of a 2 week depression and self sabotaging hole. It was hell.

Recommendations? I'm in the US, if that helps.

bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
can only speak on anxiety meds. if you don't want to go down the anti-depressant route, i'd suggest gabapentinoids or benzos. preferably the former before you try the latter since benzos have a lot more consequences if you're on them long-term. kratom may also help.

DrekSS

DrekSS

"I rather die than live under your control"
Sep 3, 2022
I would recomend to find a psichiatrist, because not everything works as well for everyone. Keep in mind some of us become resistant to some meds. Honestly, it is trial and error, do not expect for it to work as you'd want to the first couple times.

Reactions: miserableforever
F

Flebsy

Sep 4, 2022
kratom may also help.
This is what's helped me the most overall with OCD and depression. That, and memantine (offlabel for OCD... 10mg twice a day). It also helps mood and energy levels a bit in addition to lowering kratom tolerance.

If I could only choose one I'd choose the kratom though. I've tried tons of SSRIs/SNRIs. Out of all of them I think effexor was best. They all give me very blunted emotions and strong apathy. They can also induce weight gain and sexual side effects. At least effexor wasn't bad with weight gain though.

I don't particularly enjoy being on artificial chemicals and kratom is really the only plant besides MJ that's been strong enough to be a stand-alone replacement IME. It actually works better than the SSRIs/SNRIs/TCAs/DRIs for depression/anxiety/OCD IMO. It also helps with my HPPD. There's a huge difference in quality amongst vendors so I'd suggest researching a lot before buying if you go that route.

• Informative
Reactions: miserableforever