E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
So for those who are experiencing Insomnia, which "pill" gives you the sleep?

I have benzo but it doesn't give me sleep

Reactions: Kerrtu
TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Funny you should ask. I just woke up a bit too early (it's around 4am here), so I'm having some caffeine (an energy drink) in order to go back to sleep for a few more hours.

So I guess my answer is: caffeine. It makes me sleepy, I dunno. 🤷‍♀️ It's weird.

B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
Unisom (Doxylamine) works pretty well for me

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Nembutal used to be prescribed for insomnia.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Widdershins, cruel-monster, Bobert_Beniro and 9 others
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I was able to sleep again when I was prescribed aripiprazole. it made me tired... But I stopped taking it and after that I had RLS for weeks and could not sleep again.

Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
Midazolam will send you to sleep no worries but unlikely to be prescribed for insomnia if its a prescription type med your looking for. Aside from benzos I believe Remeron (Mirtazapine) is very effective for inducing sleep and more likely to be prescribed also if you claim to have "depression and severe lack of sleep / a family member takes it and had brilliant results etc.

Reactions: Sunset Limited
avaruus

avaruus

loser · gone very soon
Aug 17, 2022
I've heard that Quetiapine works well, its sold under following names Seroquel, Temprolide and Ketipinor

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Zopiclone is fantastic.....just 3.5mg knocks me clean out for the night

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Zopiclone doesn't work for me the strongest sedative i know of is olanzapine 10mg tablet puts me to sleep within one hour and i sleep for 18 hours but the brain fog the next day is bad after waking up

H

HAKMKS

Praying things get better
May 29, 2023
I've heard that Quetiapine works well, its sold under following names Seroquel, Temprolide and Ketipinor
Horrible possible side effects
Try magnesium glycinate or melatonin.

Antidepressants come with the possibility of nasty side effects and can be hard to get off of.

I go to bed at the same time every night, no caffeine or sugar 3 hours before, and listen to diurnal music from You Tube.

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
From my experience amitriptyline which was prescribed to me for headaches. That stuff knocks me out. I have shut off my alarm for work a few times.

Cardboard

Cardboard

Aug 15, 2023
I have tried some medications to help me sleep, like Mirtazapine (worked, but made me sleepy in the daytime and after few months stopped working altogether) or Quetiapine (helped with sleep and with gaining weight, but it also made me groggy over the day).

Right now I'm using Trazodone. It's not addictive, so even doctors use this med. It helped me immensely.

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
circadian health, blue light diet, flush niacin

mid morning sunlight determines melatonin production.

get some orange/red tinted safety glasses to wear after sunset and let me know if you still have insomnia.

no meds can create healthy sleep

Reactions: rotciv and losing hope
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Zolpidem (on prescription) works for me. I also used to take Dormidina (bought from Spain)

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
See a doctor and have the cause diagnosed. Avoid LED light (lamps, monitors...etc.). Go to sleep at the same time every day.
Try 3-6 mg of Melatonin 30 minutes before bed time.

Maybe you should ask this member what the chinese physician gave him:

Reactions: cruel-monster
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Zolpidem (on prescription) works for me. I also used to take Dormidina (bought from Spain)

Another member mentioned Dormidina (Doxylamine).

Which one worked better for you? Or do you take both at the same time?

Last edited:
nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
I take gabapentin (which is for chronic pain/anxiety as well as sleep).

Reactions: cruel-monster
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
Seroquel and gabapentin work really well for me, they knock me out almost instantly

E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
I take gabapentin (which is for chronic pain/anxiety as well as sleep).

How much dosage do you take? Does it give you sleep effectively or there have been days where you got no sleep?

WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Another member mentioned Dormidina (Doxylamine).

Which one worked better for you? Or do you take both at the same time?
Zolpidem works better for me. I don't mix them. I found Dormidina leaves me more groggy the next day.

nofunclub

nofunclub

Jul 17, 2023
How much dosage do you take? Does it give you sleep effectively or there have been days where you got no sleep?
I take 600mg. I started at a lower dose though, and was at 300mg for a few years. And yes, it works fairly reliably for me personally. Sometimes if I'm scared to go to sleep (due to PTSD nightmares) I fight the sleepiness as long as I can. But it eventually wins lol. Whereas before I would go days without sleeping 😬

One thing to note is I tried a bunch of medications before I found one that helped… so it is an individual thing.

E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
I take 600mg. I started at a lower dose though, and was at 300mg for a few years. And yes, it works fairly reliably for me personally. Sometimes if I'm scared to go to sleep (due to PTSD nightmares) I fight the sleepiness as long as I can. But it eventually wins lol. Whereas before I would go days without sleeping 😬

One thing to note is I tried a bunch of medications before I found one that helped… so it is an individual thing.

Can I know which ones you tried and didn't work?

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
From my experience amitriptyline which was prescribed to me for headaches. That stuff knocks me out. I have shut off my alarm for work a few times.

Yup - Amitriptyline for me as well. I'm prescribed 25mg in the a.m. and 75mg at night. I'm supposed to take 1 mg of Klonopin in the a.m. as well, though even if I don't take the prescribed Klonopin, the Amitriptyline knocks me out. Sometimes I take 100mg at night and skip the morning dose.

E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Nembutal used to be prescribed for insomnia.

If I could get that, it'd solve all my sleeping problems.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
nofunclub

nofunclub

Jul 17, 2023
Can I know which ones you tried and didn't work?
Sure! Off the top of my head — trazodone, hydroxyzine, seroquel, melatonin, valerian root, benzos (ativan/Xanax), prazosin but that may be just for people with ptsd. It's possible I'm forgetting some. My sibling has had success with ambien and lunesta fwiw, I can't remember why my doc never tried me on it

boom.shaka.laka

boom.shaka.laka

nothing left to say
Aug 3, 2023
Zopiclone, olanzapine or chlorpromazine with a benzo can work pretty well. I've tried many others but those seem to have worked best for me.

I've had insomnia since I was a child and have gone days with no sleep so I know how awful insomnia can be.

Avoid Seroquel if you can, one of the worst psych meds I know.

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
No matter how bad it is, dont use benzos for sleep. I'm 4 months into nightly benzos and it's not a road you want to go down. Try everything else first and preferably not meds. I was just too weak and desperate.
Doxepin 3mg could work for you or mirtazapine or trazadone. I'd say those are less dangerous but still problematic. See if CBT-I could work for you or meditation. I was way beyond that point and about to be hospitalized so got stuck on benzos but it truly has made me worse over time and fucks up sleep structure and has definitely made my depression worse.

Reactions: nofunclub, cruel-monster and Departme
E

eashanm

God
Feb 22, 2023
Midazolam will send you to sleep no worries but unlikely to be prescribed for insomnia if its a prescription type med your looking for. Aside from benzos I believe Remeron (Mirtazapine) is very effective for inducing sleep and more likely to be prescribed also if you claim to have "depression and severe lack of sleep / a family member takes it and had brilliant results etc.

Midazolam comes in "pill" form too?

Departme

Departme

Mar 23, 2023
No its a syrup.
Midazolam comes in "pill" form too?
No its a syrup but as others have posted its best to steer away from benzos if you can which are more anti anxiety type meds and you soon gain tolerance plus addiction. Remeron as I said is sleep inducing are older first generation anti-histamines like diphenhydramine which I think you can get OTC - in the UK its called "One a night." There are natural remedies also to help insomnia like Melatonin, Tryptophan etc which may work just as well, just give each one a go until you find something that helps for you.

Dmoore3232

Dmoore3232

Student
Jun 20, 2023
Yup - Amitriptyline for me as well. I'm prescribed 25mg in the a.m. and 75mg at night. I'm supposed to take 1 mg of Klonopin in the a.m. as well, though even if I don't take the prescribed Klonopin, the Amitriptyline knocks me out. Sometimes I take 100mg at night and skip the morning dose.
Oh yeah I am not sure how you could use that during the day, I would fall asleep. I wonder why the klonopin keeps you up, I didn't think it was a stimulant.