• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

princeeugeneofsavoy

princeeugeneofsavoy

May 26, 2023
I am lucky enough to live right next to a fairly busy train track (freight, passenger etc from all over country) but I'm near a station and I want some input from people who are pretty good with trains etc to say where would be the best place on the track to place myself for best CTB results. (pic related) I know there is a 50mph zone from just before the station to after the bridge and there is a pretty good straight stretch before a bend, but I am not sure where the train will be running fastest.

Attachments

• smegtma1.png
    smegtma1.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 0
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Mhm, probably between the two bridges?

princeeugeneofsavoy

princeeugeneofsavoy

May 26, 2023
Mhm, probably between the two bridges?
I was thinking this but wasn't sure if train drivers would slow down for bridges or not. Probably the safest bet though.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I was thinking this but wasn't sure if train drivers would slow down for bridges or not. Probably the safest bet though.
I mean probably the speed of going down the first bridge and using that to try and make it up the second bridge is gonna be the best spot

princeeugeneofsavoy

princeeugeneofsavoy

May 26, 2023
I mean probably the speed of going down the first bridge and using that to try and make it up the second bridge is gonna be the best spot
Ah that does sound smart, thanks :)

• Love
Reactions: Valky
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
When the train in your drawing moves from left to right, the best place would be at the first bridge or even before that.
I think that the train will start to break at the second bridge to stop at the station.

Don't forget that you also have to watch out for the cowcatcher on front of the train. It's usually mounted 50-100 millimetres above the highest point of the tracks. At least here in Austria.

princeeugeneofsavoy

princeeugeneofsavoy

May 26, 2023
When the train in your drawing moves from left to right, the best place would be at the first bridge or even before that.
I think that the train will start to break at the second bridge to stop at the station.

Don't forget that you also have to watch out for the cowcatcher on front of the train. It's usually mounted 50-100 millimetres above the highest point of the tracks. At least here in Austria.
This is a good point also, I will do some research on the specs of the trains that run through here. Hopefully I'll get a good freight train going 80mph which will result in CTB either way.