• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
I recently got prescribed some Benzodiazepines for my disorder, but after thinking about it for long enough, I decided I dont want to be held to life by some pills. I've done a bit of research and it seens you can overdose on these, specially if mixed with alcohol (dont have access to opiates and the like). Any advice on the dose/method?

Thanks in advance!

Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
I do not think it works only with benzos and alcohol.
Although I could be wrong.
be careful benzo don't always work and might throw them back up. Look and see what ur dose is and the qty. Benzo are usually mix with other drugs to really put u down.
That's pretty bad, thought I had something here. I have around 50mg and a lot of alcohol, any recommendations on what else could I use?

here4now

here4now

The ride never ends!
Jun 13, 2018
It's highly unlikely that you would die from just mixing benzos and alcohol. It will most likely make you pass out/fall asleep and keep you dizzy for a couple of days.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
I took 70 xanax, and drank half a bottle of captain.

Lived. Clearly. Was unaware of my conciousness for a week, and I still have brain fog 5 years later. Dont do it unless you add pain pills in excess.

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
Rohypnol 1mg, Dormicum 15mg x 4 or 5, Tramadol, Aprazolam plus more as far as I can remember...
Taken with a lot of whisky...

Slept for 2 days...

Not recommended at all.

From what I read, Rohypnol is quite powerful.
In the book "death without pain" they recommend it as a safe and peaceful method, combined with alcohol, as long as you do not have tolerance.
Obviously in quantities greater than one mg.
Unfortunately, here it is forbidden.

T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I seem entirely immune to benzos. For a decade my prescribed dose of Xanax was 10 mg per day (yes, TEN, lest you think I forgot a decimal point). Even 10 mg daily did little to nothing. To see if any dose would work I tried 120 mg once and that gave me a 5 hour nap, waking up feeling same as usual afterwards. In case you are wondering, nope, I didn't throw up nor did I feel sick at all.

That 120 mg was not a suicide attempt. I really just wanted to know if any amount would do anything to calm me down. When I took it I knew the LD50 for Xanax was so sky high that it would take many thousands of pills to die, so I damn well knew 60 bars wouldn't not cause any harm.

A hell of a lot of suicide victims do have benzos in them, though the benzo played only a minor role in their death, if it played a role at all. And it's not at all likely that you will die by alcohol poisoning. How many suicides by alcohol can you point to? I only know of one alcohol suicide and that would be Vern Troyer (Mini Me).

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
Dolores o'Riordan, got drunk, took benzos and drowned in her bathtub.

That was ruled an accident. So apparently you can die by alcohol quite easily, just so long as you don't want to die. Oh, the irony.

Reminds me of a Wisconsin mother who tried to get 190-proof Everclear banned after her 20-something son got drunk & drowned in the family pool. Again, he wasn't trying to die (as far as we know).

riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
Benzos are incredibly non toxic. They may porentiate the sedative effect in combination with other drugs though.

Morphine and alcohol for example.

It still seems to me it's a crap shoot though if you die or wake up in hospital handcuffed to your bed so it's not for me.

KnightOfEnceladus

KnightOfEnceladus

Lost child in time
May 20, 2019
As others are saying: benzos alone won't do it, and even the benzos+EtOH combination isn't guaranteed. I'd combine those with opioids and an antiemetic (metoclopramide or domperidone preferably, ondansetron works too).