• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
I've just been prescribed diazepam to medicate panic attacks and emotional breakdowns. Has anyone any experience with this benzodiazepine and what was it prescribed for? I've seen reference in this forum to using 'benzos' to help calm nerves and knock a person out if necessary for a CTB attempt. I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to add this medication to my SN or inert gas exit bag plans. Pros/cons/opinions?

My aunt achieved suicide many years ago with benzos. No idea what she was prescribed, and I believe the dangerous ones have been weaned out since then specifically because of cases like hers. Does anyone know if diazepam can be used to CTB, or have examples of overdose?

Thank you kindly, fellows.

rabbithole

rabbithole

Experienced
Oct 26, 2020
Was on 10 mg Valium in pm and 5 in am. For extreme panic attacks. Not as fast acting or effective as Xanax but definitely does something. Has a longer half life so it's easier to come off of.

Reactions: Raminiki
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Not one I would try and have tried almost everything, as people have said not reliable would probably need a truck load

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
LD50 - The value of LD₅₀ for a substance is the dose required to kill half the members of a tested population after a specified test duration.

Diazepam LD50 = 1240mg/kg in a rat.

Doing the calculation for my weight at 150lbs (68kg):

It equals 84,545 mg, or ~ 85 grams.. to be fatal for half of the population in the 70kg/150lbs weight range.

This would be 8,454 of the 10mg Diazepam tabs.

laeloth

laeloth

Nov 24, 2020
Like many others I tried with them, I think it was 120 mg. They found me and called the ambulance. But they already told me that it was almost impossible, that I was going to sleep for a long time, although it was not like that. I have read cases of attempts with benzos and all have failed. They are very safe drugs.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Thank you everyone. I'll be using them to keep me calm while settling my final affairs, and to help with the fear during the act. Testing their effect on me as soon as I get them in case they impair my cognition etc.

Reactions: Pookie
Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
It is nearly impossible which is why benzos have replaced barbituates as sedatives.

Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
I took 120 mg valium and around 70mg bromazepam, was drifting the high for like an hour or more and just woke up feeling like crap after a few hours.
Didn't do jack for me.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
It is nearly impossible which is why benzos have replaced barbituates as sedatives.
Ah, yes thank you for this. It was barbiturates that took out my aunt, I was getting muddled. And makes complete sense now you've reminded me.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
it won't make you ctb, but works well for anxiety. Just don't take it all the time, otherwise you will become hooked on it like I am with Xanax.

Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
it won't make you ctb, but works well for anxiety. Just don't take it all the time, otherwise you will become hooked on it like I am with Xanax.
Thank you for the advice. Yes, my brief research into it warned against prescribing to severely depressed or bpd patients as it can cause dependence and increase suicidality. Guess who has both? What a joke. I don't intend to use it long, just long enough to drag myself through Christmas with a forced smile and to make the end less stressful.

It seems you've suffered something like that with xanax. I'm so sorry and appreciate the warning. Virtual hugs.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Thank you for the advice. Yes, my brief research into it warned against prescribing to severely depressed or bpd patients as it can cause dependence and increase suicidality. Guess who has both? What a joke. I don't intend to use it long, just long enough to drag myself through Christmas with a forced smile and to make the end less stressful.

It seems you've suffered something like that with xanax. I'm so sorry and appreciate the warning. Virtual hugs.
Well there was days I would take 10 Xanax, I'm down to 3 a day, wasn't easy, and despite the fact I have hundreds of pils at home Im still managing to "behave". But for Xmas like you I plan to get some codeine to make me smile too and numb up this stress. In the past I've tried to ctb with pills, have my stomach pumped a few times and even been given charcoal also through that process. Never again with pills. Just don't work. wish you good luck hun

• Aww..
Raminiki

Raminiki

Iustitia Mortuus
Jun 12, 2020
Well there was days I would take 10 Xanax, I'm down to 3 a day, wasn't easy, and despite the fact I have hundreds of pils at home Im still managing to "behave". But for Xmas like you I plan to get some codeine to make me smile too and numb up this stress. In the past I've tried to ctb with pills, have my stomach pumped a few times and even been given charcoal also through that process. Never again with pills. Just don't work. wish you good luck hun
I wouldn't try with pills, I understand it's not a viable option. But they do prove useful as supplemental medication to help the process. So sorry you were in a position where pills were your best option and had to go through the awful consequences.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I wouldn't try with pills, I understand it's not a viable option. But they do prove useful as supplemental medication to help the process. So sorry you were in a position where pills were your best option and had to go through the awful consequences.
Yes me too, specially dealing with the family afterwards, like the walk of shame. Next time I'll try I will succeed. Been given olanzapine to sleep yesterday, not the best option, but I want to stop my bedtime Xanax also. But sometimes I have a relapse. I will for sure have one during Christmas. As I will be alone or here with my fellow members online. :hug:

Dee38

Dee38

May 5, 2019
I have been on diazepam for about 20 years. It's definitely helped me get through some stressful situations and allowed me at times to feel some semblance of "normality," albeit shortlived.

I couldn't overdose on it alone, though. If I were to use it for that purpose, it would be in combination with opiods.

G

Ghettofunk

Jan 27, 2020
I have been on diazepam for about 20 years. It's definitely helped me get through some stressful situations and allowed me at times to feel some semblance of "normality," albeit shortlived.

I couldn't overdose on it alone, though. If I were to use it for that purpose, it would be in combination with opiods.
How many were you taking per day?

Dee38

Dee38

May 5, 2019
How many were you taking per day?
I don't take it daily. Only about three times a week at a dose of 5-10 mg. Although occasionally I will take it in a higher dose of 20-30 mg to help me sleep, but I'd run out pretty quickly if I did that too often.