• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I think so but not sure. I know you can die from alcohol withdrawal. I don't know what it takes to do it

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I almost did.

On edit: If you are facing this, do your research. There is a ton of information on the net as to what to expect and what you might (MIGHT) experience. The UK became aware of how difficult it was to go through benzo withdrawal 2 decades ago, and developed some very good guidelines on how best to withdrawal from these meds. My advice for what it is worth - find a doctor or rehab facility that is very experienced on how to withdrawal from benzos and let your body/mind dictate how quickly to taper these meds.

<3

Last edited:
T

ts0hill

Victim of the pharmaceutical industry
Oct 17, 2020
hold on the top dose you take for at least 2 weeks and take it the same time everyday. Then when you withdrawal go little by little and hold each time until you feel better and then wait again a few weeks and do it again. Slow and steady wins the race

T

trigzter

Aug 9, 2019
Just please go to a detox center or hospital if your going to withdraw. Especially if you take large doses daily it would be an extremely undesirable way to die

M

moonie

Dec 8, 2020
Try to reduce the benzo with a good docter. Often they do it way too quick in a rehab hospital and they maybe give you some other pills.

• Hugs
R

Ragtime piano

Jul 2, 2020
Yes . coming off them is such hell that it caused me to make two attempts. I'm back on them now. Docs won't prescribe in UK but I've found an online source. I'm on a small dose and it's actually given me a sense of gratitude that my attempts failed . Still have to get through winter but my next order of good old Lorazepam is on its way. As an interesting side note, in countries such as Japan docs have no reservations about prescribing benzos for as long as needed - years even - on the basis that the benefits outweigh the risks.

• Hugs
M

moonie

Dec 8, 2020
I am in a withdrawl too. Since?! Years I guess.

Sorry to hear from your failed attemps

Thx for the Information. That's interesting to me.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I consumed 30-50mg of valium or 3-5mg of lorazepam daily for 3 years.
My mood is horrific I am full of rage after 1 month at 1mg loraz or 10mgvalium
And realize how I've been living in a nice warm little bubble. No wonder I didn't ctb. But the pain of no longer being blind is horrible seeing who's betrayed you.
If I wasn't wanting to die this must be the worst drug to come off for someone who's scared of dying and that's coming from a chronic alcoholic and former heroin addict too.
Good luck.

BTW I weened down one tablet a month from start of year.

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
I consumed 30-50mg of valium or 3-5mg of lorazepam daily for 3 years.
My mood is horrific I am full of rage after 1 month at 1mg loraz or 10mgvalium
And realize how I've been living in a nice warm little bubble. No wonder I didn't ctb. But the pain of no longer being blind is horrible seeing who's betrayed you.
If I wasn't wanting to die this must be the worst drug to come off for someone who's scared of dying and that's coming from a chronic alcoholic and former heroin addict too.
Good luck.

BTW I weened down one tablet a month from start of year.
ssri withdrawal are also nasty

• Hugs
I

ihsdpm

Jun 26, 2020
Benzo withdrawal is why I'm here. I actually enjoy life, but the withdrawals have been getting to me lately. I hope they end sometime soon, but they've been going on for a while now. Please taper off of them slowly if you are going to discontinue them.

• Hugs
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
i know a person who consumed benzos for six months. at the end he took 2 mg Xanax. then he went cold turkey.‍‍ that very naiv and dangerous

• Hugs
M

mineko

Jan 13, 2021
Yes, you can, but most doctors are benzo ignorant and a rehab center will withdraw you way too quickly

If you wish to withdraw a slow taper is the best way. My advice would be to go to benzobuddies and use the Ashton manual as a guide to tapering. Be aware that Benzobuddies does not permit talk of suicide or suicide ideation.

I took ambien as prescribed for one year and it was hell to get off. Three years later I'm still suffering immensely and is one of the main reasons I'm on this forum. I guess most people recover within 6 to 18 months. I wish you luck.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I was told by the gp at the recovery place, whom I trust more than regular GPS who just say "stop taking them then and life will be grand, plus... Are you in work?????"
They said as far as he and his colleagues know you should reduce by one eighth a month, which sounds about right to me in all in a time scale. Of course people will go about it different ways some can cut in half straight away others will feel they are withdrawing by the thought of having to quit. Drugs are awful.
But it says something about this world when you need to poison yourself to be able to hope to survive it.

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
its very strange the length of the benzo withdrawal can very vary between individuals. I know someone who took 2 months each daydormicum. His withdrawal lasted only 4 months.

• Hugs