Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Yeah, this is a stupid vent undeserving of suicide discussion, but I really do want to ctb. One of the few things going for me is that I have kind coworkers. I offered them chocolate I had received from someone else and everyone refused. I felt a little silly for reaching out, but nothing I can't handle. Then I offer it to this new guy and he asks "you eat that crap? Why would you offer it to me, isn't it obvious I wouldn't eat that shit?"

This is probably a pretty common encounter, but my brain can't withstand these interactions. This is why I must ctb, because even the most minor of inconveniences makes living my own personal hell. I don't want to live in a world where I am expected to endure this pain simply because others deem my suffering unworthy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: silentnights56, EyeBeyond, LonelyStarrySky and 9 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
that seems silly (them not you). just because they dont like chocolate doesnt mean they had to be mean about it. thats your preference and its not hurting them any. you were just trying to be nice, which they were the complete opposite of. all they had to do was say 'no thank you'. all they did was waste their breath being unnecessarily mean.

Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
chronicsoup

chronicsoup

Dec 3, 2023
People are asses. While I'm sure that was an ugly encounter with a random act of aggression, who cares if one dumbass has something to say? If you like eating that 'crap' by all means, eat the crap and enjoy it. If your co-worker doesn't care for your kindness, why should you give a shit about his unkindness?

They likely don't know what you're going through, but its unlikely they have the slightest clue. At the end of the day, 'minor inconveniences', (as you call them) are just that. Minor. A few bad encounters should not be the end all and be all of your existence. If life gives you the middle finger, you have every right to throw it back.

Don't live by how others expect you to live. Live by how you want to.

Besides, more chocolate for you, and that's something no one could be upset about.

Reactions: Kit1 and Praestat_Mori
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
why should you give a shit about his unkindness?
I stand by your reasoning, but I'm pretty sure that's easier said than done for me. Probably rooted in some trauma from peers at a young age or whatever, I don't know, but I don't handle minor inconveniences well at all, especially when it comes as a form of rejection from those I trust. I wish I could say I don't care, but I have ever time for as long as I remember. I guess this is what people call being triggered? Not in a memey way but in a real, mentally unhealthy way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LonelyStarrySky, Ksmиda, Kit1 and 4 others
warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
I want to hug you because I understand perfectly what you are talking about. In my homeland they say: "The devil is in the details." For you and me, this is true. Any minor inconvenience or awkwardness is pure hell for me. Any petty unpleasant situation pushes me to kill myself instantly in front of everyone. It's horrible. People know me as an open and responsive person, but, damn, they don't know at what cost I try to be like that.

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and Abyssal
chronicsoup

chronicsoup

Dec 3, 2023
I stand by your reasoning, but I'm pretty sure that's easier said than done for me. Probably rooted in some trauma from peers at a young age or whatever, I don't know, but I don't handle minor inconveniences well at all, especially when it comes as a form of rejection from those I trust. I wish I could say I don't care, but I have ever time for as long as I remember. I guess this is what people call being triggered? Not in a memey way but in a real, mentally unhealthy way.
that's understandable, but just remember how people treat you. I'm not entirely sure of what you've been through or your circumstances, but I can say that there is no individual out there that should challenge your will to live.

While they will always be ass people, not everyone will be an ass person.

While it is very true to treat people how you want to be treated, keep in mind that you have to very right to treat people the way you are treated, or simply just turn the other cheek and let asses be asses.

However you choose to continue, please take this experience as just a reminder of how much better your actions are compared to your peers.

• Yay!
Reactions: Kit1 and Abyssal
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Actually there are some very kind people who are extremely sensitive and feel.hurt easily - and it is actually a condition as well (cannot remember the name of the actual diagnosis). Being a mental health first aider, I met someone with this condition a few years ago and she eventually saw a therapist, developed some coping mechanism and found it easier to cope - though she would always be sensitive and gentle. She was a lovely person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Abyssal and Life_and_Death
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Have I died too soon or lived too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Fuck them, I would have accepted.
They sound like bad people if they can't even say "no thanks"

Reactions: F@#$
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Fuck them, I would have accepted.
They sound like bad people if they can't even say "no thanks"
No shit,what a fuckin asshole. Who raises kid to act like that as adults(I'm assuming they're adults).
You want me to punch him for you?

Reactions: Ksmиda
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
Yeah, this is a stupid vent undeserving of suicide discussion, but I really do want to ctb. One of the few things going for me is that I have kind coworkers. I offered them chocolate I had received from someone else and everyone refused. I felt a little silly for reaching out, but nothing I can't handle. Then I offer it to this new guy and he asks "you eat that crap? Why would you offer it to me, isn't it obvious I wouldn't eat that shit?"

This is probably a pretty common encounter, but my brain can't withstand these interactions. This is why I must ctb, because even the most minor of inconveniences makes living my own personal hell. I don't want to live in a world where I am expected to endure this pain simply because others deem my suffering unworthy.
That's absolutely awful. I don't understand why someone would slap away a friendly gesture like that. Not accepting is perfectly fine but to be so rude...

I'm sorry for that encounter and I can totally understand how something like that can ruin your entire day. I would probably have cried honestly.

I don't know you but I'd offer you a hug if I could. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment.

Reactions: Kit1
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
I can feel your pain, I also get triggered like this sometimes from small things, I think its called "splitting" where I entierly flip fast and lose it all. From a feeling of betrayl by those who I trust. It can ruin my day, and I feel hurt. It can be like me trying to be friendly to somebody or want to make friends, but it just hurts when I get rejected.

Reactions: Kit1
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Actually there are some very kind people who are extremely sensitive and feel.hurt easily - and it is actually a condition as well (cannot remember the name of the actual diagnosis). Being a mental health first aider, I met someone with this condition a few years ago and she eventually saw a therapist, developed some coping mechanism and found it easier to cope - though she would always be sensitive and gentle. She was a lovely person.
I looked into it and it seems like a match, albeit not a disorder so much as it is a spectrum I see myself lying on the farther end of. Thank you for mentioning it, I'll be sure to read up on it. It was Highly-Sensitive Person (HSP) I am assuming? Can't say the name is all that creative, though.

Reactions: LonelyStarrySky and Kit1