• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I live in Belgium and can tell you it isn't that easy to get euthanasia at all.

Unless you are like 80 years old and you are terminally ill.

Reactions: Midnight
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Oh and I just read the article you posted and they mention the Emily Laura case which assume is what gives people like you hope you can just cross the border and get the same treatment.

The truth is that her case was a very rare one and you hardly see people who suffer mentally get a yes.

and she didn't even go through with it. (Not that that really matters)

I've seen people who were at the end of their life and didn't have any reason/will to live anymore get rejected 'because they just had to go out there and find fun in life again'.

Now imagine how young people get treated. In most situations they won't even properly look at your case.

Reactions: Revan, skitliv and Luke
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Have you tried to get it in belgium?
I personally haven't, no. But that doesn't mean I am not aware of how it works.

I have known people who have tried to get it for very legit reasons.

By all means go for it. Just make sure to book your return ticket already :wink:

harakiri-enthusiast

harakiri-enthusiast

Jul 20, 2018
You still need a valid reason for euthanasia in Belgium, i'm afraid. You can't just get it because you want to die.

T

Timesup

Jul 18, 2018
Yeah mental health reasons should be a legit reason.

Reactions: Tiburcio
Jerryman

Jerryman

Jul 19, 2018
Just imagine if it was allowed and you could go and get switched off the day you made the appointment

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Why was the woman allowed to get euthanised?
Because the 3 doctors deciding at that time felt like she had a legit reason. Only for there to be a lot of backlash and them admitting they failed in their judgement. Like I said it was a rare case. They don't give permission that easy. Especially since it is such a controversial topic for non elderly people.

If anything her case changed the whole euthanasia scene. Because she basically proved that somebody who according to those doctors was suffering without any hope of getting better still changed their mind in the end.

You are also talking about something that happened once and it was 3 years ago.

A

amatteroflifeordeath

Electrical engineer born in 1980.
Jul 18, 2018
Santiago, you are spreading wrong info. Sometimes, discouraging others is a way to feel better about ourselves. Much better if everyone fails at least, I am not alone, right Santiago?

Here is some information:
Nadia 27, suffering from mental problems/anorexia, got euthanasia > https://video.vice.com/nl/embed/58a31e56d3b56ab07bae4187
(there is also a girl in the video that got the green light for euthanasia, but decided to write a book and take care of people with depression, she is in her thirties).
Elco 38, suffering from depression, got euthanasia > https://cinecrowd.com/en/eelco-kiest-voor-de-dood

At least, when you state something, be more precise and state facts.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Santiago, you are spreading wrong info. Sometimes, discouraging others is a way to feel better about ourselves. Much better if everyone fails at least, I am not alone, right Santiago?

Here is some information:
Nadia 27, suffering from mental problems/anorexia, got euthanasia > https://video.vice.com/nl/embed/58a31e56d3b56ab07bae4187
(there is also a girl in the video that got the green light for euthanasia, but decided to write a book and take care of people with depression, she is in her thirties).
Elco 38, suffering from depression, got euthanasia > https://cinecrowd.com/en/eelco-kiest-voor-de-dood

At least, when you state something, be more precise and state facts.

I am well aware of Nadia her story. Nadia her mental suffering clearly had physical effects on her. You can't compare her story with somebody just going in because they don't want to live anymore. OP never clarified what he has.

And Eelco isn't even from Belgium. Seems like you are spreading misinformation yourself.

And I don't care at all what OP does. I don't want euthanasia. I'd rather blow my brains out. If he comes in and gets accepted then good for him.

I know what I am talking about.