CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I was that kid that had to make up multiple personalities because I was tired of being alone. still do it at 24. they don't disappoint me like real people and take less effort.

every time I start to get close to someone they piss me off or I just decide I'm not good enough. really sucks.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Stick and Good4Nothing
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
Sorry to hear that. I sympathise with extreme loneliness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Stick and Good4Nothing
feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
I'm lonely myself. But I also find the vast majority of humans to be utterly exhausting most of the time. I sometimes prefer being alone, but then again we are humans and need interaction with other humans to survive.

Reactions: Computer Blue
N

NeverEndingWinter

I hate me too
Aug 21, 2020
Same here. The worst is when you know you know you're a doomed to a life of loneliness.

• Hugs
Reactions: Computer Blue and Good4Nothing
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Lonely as fuck, checking in.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I was that kid that had to make up multiple personalities because I was tired of being alone. still do it at 24. they don't disappoint me like real people and take less effort.
I did that too. I actually created a while separate world to which I would escape. I came up with names for all the countries, different languages, sports leagues, movies... everything. I'm 37 and I still go there sometimes. It's better than my reality.

I also developed the habit of imagining that people I knew and loved were with me. For 8 years following the death of my best friend, I imagined falling asleep next to him in bed, like we used to. (We often had sleepovers and shared a queen bed while he was alive.) Even last night while watching YouTube videos, I imagined I had a friend laughing along with me. It was better than feeling alone.

After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
In the past whenever I've seen people talk about being lonely I would make an effort to reach out to them.

Not just tell them they're not alone, but offer to talk to them. A typical example would, in chat, be when people say, 'I have no friends,' I would say, 'I'd like to be your friend. Lord knows, I need friends.'

And you know what?

It's always been a waste of time. For whatever reason all these lonely people don't actually want to take a chance on someone who is reaching out to them.

When I have the resources, I keep trying, because I'm lonely enough to take that chance.

However I'm starting to suspect that people complaining of being lonely are either 1. Not really lonely in any absolute sense, just complaining about a temporary situation or 2. Lonely precicely because even when someone else reaches out to them (I mean in most cases if you want to meet people you need to be the proactive one) they can't be bothered engaging.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I'm lonely and completely incompatible with groups and communities. I just learned this trick to change voices in my head, I wish I knew it sooner, my brain genuinely thinks it talks with different people and I'm having fun. I think the good side of being alone is less suffering and problems, the hard side is dealing with loneliness but I got used to it somehow.

Reactions: Computer Blue and Final Escape
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I drive everyone away. I have no imaginary friends. It's just me and my anger.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Final Escape