FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Before I got fired my final days at work was spent being humiliated and it was absolute hell. It is all my fault for being trusting and stupid. I hate myself so much. I just want to die

At work I befriended an older woman work colleague because we had some common interests and she was of those workers who got on so well everybody as she is seen nice, cool and fun. I was always so good to her at work and gave her assistance with her work when she needed it which makes it hurt even more. Her being a mother with kids my age I thought I had nothing to worry about so I trusted her.

I wanted someone to talk to as i was so hurt and struggling to deal with my attraction to him as i never fell in love with someone so much older than me before and I was so embrassed about my attraction to him. I hid his real age from my family and friends they thought he was my age. My work colleague being Her being a mother with kids my age I thought I had nothing to worry about.

After she promised me she will not to tell anyone she went and told the man( the male colleague I am love with) our entire private conversation and the pair of them were gossiping about me. I only found out from another employee what she did. It was so embarrassing and humiliating. Unfortunately in our private conversation I really insulted the man as i was so upset over the pain he caused me in which I called him an "arsehole" and told her about how I caught him being dishonest about his relationship status.

The man being a male Karen then picked up the phone and whined to our boss about he feels "uncomfortable" being around me at work and he told multiple lies about me. The management sided with him. The management brutally criticised my immaturity throughout the meeting it was so horrible.

The workplace organised an office day the older woman work friend in the office she surrounded herself around all these male colleagues in the company including the man. She was even going together with them outside for lunch including with the man. That day I realised I don't belong in my workplace. I was always so good to her.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and redbathingduck
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You unfortunately just cannot trust and rely on people in this world, it's just so awful how people can be so cruel all for the sake of it, but it's just the way that people are.

Reactions: situationalsui and Ki_Nam
Teikoku

Teikoku

Experienced
Mar 18, 2023
Like you I've had some horrible experiences in offices over the years. Sometimes you'll find nice people who you can trust but it's very rare, more so with big age gaps like with the woman who betrayed your trust.

Do you have any friends you can talk to about it in real life? I always found that helped me when I was having problems at work. I'm guessing not because you are here... 🤦🏻 Anyway I'm sorry you had that awful experience and it's continuing to cause you such pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
P

peacesoon

Feb 13, 2023
I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that. Humanity is dogshit.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Like you I've had some horrible experiences in offices over the years. Sometimes you'll find nice people who you can trust but it's very rare, more so with big age gaps like with the woman who betrayed your trust.

Do you have any friends you can talk to about it in real life? I always found that helped me when I was having problems at work. I'm guessing not because you are here... 🤦🏻 Anyway I'm sorry you had that awful experience and it's continuing to cause you such pain.
@latebus I have absolutely nobody to talk to

•My mother says I am not even allowed to tell the relatives that I have been fired if anyone in the family asks about hows work going.The reason for this is because my relatives will be gloating and enjoying this. My relatives love other people fail. My relatives are the absolute worst.

• old friends are just busy

I was so stupid for believing I could have a future with a 55 year old man. It's all my fault for loving all the attention he gave me when he pursued me. All my life guys ignored me only when I hit 25 i got pretty. It felt great having for the first time having a man notice me, show genuine care. Its my fault I should have been honest about his age in the beginning.

I hate myself for being so trusting. I am a fucking idiot for believing that my secret would be safe because my work colleague is a mother with children the same age as me and my work colleague was someone who everyone thought was nice.
I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that. Humanity is dogshit.
@peacesoon the most fucked up thing is the man is tall as a fucking sky scrapper, in a senior position and he whines to our boss that he is scared of me. I am a very short woman, feminine, I am 25 and often get mistaken for a teenage girl because I look so young. This man picks up the fucking phone to complain how I make feel uncomfortable at work and tells multiple lies about me and makes our private business the business of the workplace. It was so humiliating.

By the time I realised I fell in love with a coward it was too late. I hate myself for being foolish and love. I should have told my family the truth about his age in the begging then none of this would have happened. The signs were there but I ignored them

Last edited:
Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
Sorry to hear that. What a toxic workplace. Not sure if it's relatable to me but I was in a similar situation. I hope you find a solution to this problem. I haven't, but does it really matter?