• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Eternal Despair

Eternal Despair

Feb 27, 2024
Do you think being drunk can help you overcoming the fear of heights or be more peaceful lying on train track ?.. (of sound, honk and the vibrations that may induce biological responses...)

Some of a people I've sharead and spoke about my though were making fun and pointing that if I really wanted to die that would not be an issue for me; but for me biological things can be very uncontrollable like I can get scared of a car on a road; because I'm scared on a road and freeze while it's moving on me.....

I've almost never drunk to such high points; I have no resources and alchohol at hand, I'm not familiar of effects of each doses; and I'm not in a good health to experiment and don't wanna feel bad after consuming it and still being alive....

I feel really bad, it's hard for me to do a lot of stuff or lately even think.... I just don't wanna be miserable anymore and suffer, I want a quick and peaceful way out... ,_,

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I'm really doubt that alcohol will allow you to have no fear. Sure it's called "Liquid Courage", but I don't think it's that effective, or would sufficiently stops SI. Though you could try, but I don't see it being a good aid, It'd probably make you just feel worse and too powerless to try even more I think.

Maybe it calls for a different approach? Like poisons or an exit bag (Helium or some other certain gases connected to a bag). It's often much better to try and consider other options instead of bashing one's head against the wall for one that doesn't seem to be possible.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear that everything sucks so much. I definitely know what it's like to feel like life has bludgeoned you over the head with a club and you're just sitting there, blinking, wondering how all of this is real. I wish I could offer solutions, but all I've got is sympathy.

To answer your actual question, alcohol probably won't help. Some people find that a nip here and there steadies their nerve, but it's not a powerful weapon against SI. You've got something like 3.5 billion years of evolution in your head, screaming at you to survive, and a shot of vodka won't change that. Drinking large amounts of alcohol is even worse at defeating SI. Very drunk people (read: me) lose their glasses in their own apartments, break the showerheads in their bathrooms and never figure out how, and have to devote entire days to vomiting. It really isn't an aid to goal-directed activity.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
It surely helps to overcome fear. Alcohol works in a similar way like tranquillizers.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I think you'd really need a very high alc level and most likely you'd be knocked out long before you reach that level while still being able to act relatively "normal" that would need a lot of "alc training". I don't think it would really help much.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Mostly alcohol reacts differently for everyone. If you don't have past experiences with alcohol, it could be hard to say for certainty if it could help you or how much of it or after how long it would give you the desired effect, or how much before you pass out and not be able to do anything.

If you can't try the alcohol beforehand to see how it works for you, you could try and see your luck with relaxing pills and see how they affect you and after how long.

smilinggirl

smilinggirl

Mar 3, 2024
it's not really like that, the only thing it can do is not make you think more clearly but the fear is there and it stays there... and if it's there there's a reason...
maybe you should talk to someone about it I'm saying this so you can feel better

Reactions: seekingrelease22