F

fleshcult

going back to heaven
Jan 24, 2023
I'm tired of taking pills everyday to vaguely help with pain. I'm never not in pain and I don't think it'll ever top... It's isolating. I don't think i'll be able to live out my dreams because of this, so what's the point. Do any of you feel like this

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Elio24, innominesatanas44, annointed_towers and 10 others
alienoforces

alienoforces

Jun 30, 2023
I feel this exact same way. I have a chronic pain disease and its awful. it impacts my daily life and i cannot stand living like this forever. it makes day to day life incredibly difficult. i cannot get out of bed most days because i can hardly walk due to pain and i cannot fucking handle it anymore. Why would i be here if every day is LITERAL AGONY!!!!! i completely understand

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Elio24, jj#blm, Praestat_Mori and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i am always in a state of constant discomfort due to a brain injury so i can empathize with you should the time ever come that you need to die everyone should have that right to choose

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Elio24, dialogos, jj#blm and 4 others
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
i have a chronic bone disease in one side of my jaw. when i was 8-12 years old, i lived in constant agony - no amount of medication would relieve my pain, and the disease cannot be cured. eventually i turned to forms self harm (like cutting, banging my head against a wall, or ripping my hair out) because it seemed to be the only way to distract myself.

it is not so bad anymore - but recently, it has started to become more of an issue. i struggle eating because my jaw doesn't open wide enough, and scar tissue gets in the way of closing it properly. my quality of life is definitely not what it could be :/

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, Praestat_Mori, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Artificially happy on medicine
Jul 1, 2023
Do you mind if I ask what your disability is? It's up to you if you don't wanna say but I'm just curious, it's over the internet so meh. What sorts of pills do you take? Are you on opioids for the pain management?

I'm also on a hell of a lot of pills everyday but I've come to enjoy taking them. It is a bit repetitive but for me it's for the better.

• Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, Praestat_Mori, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
ahimsa

ahimsa

lost cause
Jun 5, 2023
I struggle a lot with this. I became disabled after an accident in my teenager years. Walking and standing is painful almost all the time. I grief my former life, my healthy body, my energy. I feel like I lost my identity. Chronic pain is so fucking isolating. Most of the time this is the reason I feel like I can not bear this any longer. I am a shadow of my former self.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, annointed_towers, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
You should tell a psychiatrist, get something for pain management so you don't suffer. I'm sorry to hear that, You can still do non active things like chess online or watch videos and movies hopefully with physiotherapy you'll get better I hope. If you can.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: dialogos, Praestat_Mori, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
I have osteoarthritis in several parts of my body now. The pain from inflammation drives me nuts. It affects mobility, and is always there these days.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sweet Tart, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
H

Heated

Jun 7, 2023
I'm in a similar situation. Chronic pain has me here. I want to go ASAP but scared Of course

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, Praestat_Mori, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so horrible how we exist in this world where there's all this endless suffering, existence undeniably is so hellish to me, I think it's such a terrible punishment being trapped inside the flesh prison that is the human body.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, The anhedonic one and searchingpeace
searchingpeace

searchingpeace

May 2, 2023
I'm sorry for pain and everyone else who has chronic pain.
Yes I do relate. Its the main reason why I am here. I have constant stomach pain and my doctors cannot diagnose it. So I dont have actual pain medication to stop it.
I have to use weed and kratom (google it if you unfamiliar). This stuff barely keeps me afloat. The pain is so fucking debilitating that I cannot work anymore.
It's so horrible how we exist in this world where there's all this endless suffering, existence undeniably is so hellish to me, I think it's such a terrible punishment being trapped inside the flesh prison that is the human body.
Yeah I agree. "Flesh Prison" is the appropriate term for this kind of hell

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
K

koko

Feb 26, 2023
I am similar and always in pain and so many drugs to sleep and less pain. This is a big part of why I wan to ctb. It suck's knowing it will only get worse and not ever better in my situation.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: dialogos, searchingpeace, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Very severe pain and increasing loss of function due to very horrible conditions is the only reason I'm here. I have loads of issues but severe crippling neuropathy through my face, head and neck 24/7and getting worse is what has made me look at how to end it. I'm hanging on for dear life for my son who I do not want to leave at all. Family now have to look after him for me. I see him everyday but I have to take regular opioids. I couldn't cope without them but they don't remove the pain, it's so severe. The worst thing is that this particular issue I'm being gaslit over. I have loads of autoimmune diseases and they still gaslight me over this. That part makes me so hopeless. I cry hysterically every day pulling at my face and head and struggling to even sit upright. I am in shock that something so hideous could happen to me. I would rather have cancer and I mean that.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, Per Ardua Ad Astra and annointed_towers
F

fleshcult

going back to heaven
Jan 24, 2023
Do you mind if I ask what your disability is? It's up to you if you don't wanna say but I'm just curious, it's over the internet so meh. What sorts of pills do you take? Are you on opioids for the pain management?

I'm also on a hell of a lot of pills everyday but I've come to enjoy taking them. It is a bit repetitive but for me it's for the better.
hey, i have fibromyalgia... a lot of people dont consider it a disability, but it's made my life hell so far. i cant have a second of peace and i have the energy of a 15 year old dog with arthritis. I feel like I've tried everything and done it wrong so that's why I never feel better. I'm on pregabalin (amongst many others) right now, and I have like, five months worth of doses (my dr got me a good deal with a pharmacy so I got buy one get one free for a couple purchases) and they're pretty tempting to just down...
I'm sorry for pain and everyone else who has chronic pain.
Yes I do relate. Its the main reason why I am here. I have constant stomach pain and my doctors cannot diagnose it. So I dont have actual pain medication to stop it.
I have to use weed and kratom (google it if you unfamiliar). This stuff barely keeps me afloat. The pain is so fucking debilitating that I cannot work anymore.

Yeah I agree. "Flesh Prison" is the appropriate term for this kind of hell
It's the worst when even doctors don't know what to do. very disheartening

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Andro_USYD

Andro_USYD

Jul 1, 2023
That's unfortunate but it can always get worse, at least they give U pregabalin. I'm also on a shit tonne of meds to function, probably more than U. When I tried pregabalin I just fell asleep and relaxed, does it work like that for you as well? What strength dosage are you on?