BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
With no artistic ability is hard. No one wants to help me, so my game will be a laughing stock for having shitty pixel art that I made.

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyTheWind
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
If it's of any comfort, I am in a very similar situation, only I have no drive left to learn programming anymore. It is almost certain that I will never accomplish any of the ideas I have, so I am creating a very detailed design document which will be my legacy. The intro clearly states - "The pages in this document describe the visual and technical aspects of my programming ideas. Whether or not any of these are eventually realized is irrelevant."

It is pathetic, but in a way I am at ease knowing that all is contained in one place. I hate asking for help on forums because everyone gives extremely vague answers and they are designed for normal people who are actually putting in time to learn.

I am very sorry that you are discouraged. Unfulfilled creativity is agony, and as years slip away, reminders only serve to make it worse. Maybe you will consider creating a document as above. It does help, a little (a little). :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity and BornToFail
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
If it's of any comfort, I am in a very similar situation, only I have no drive left to learn programming anymore. It is almost certain that I will never accomplish any of the ideas I have, so I am creating a very detailed design document which will be my legacy. The intro clearly states - "The pages in this document describe the visual and technical aspects of my programming ideas. Whether or not any of these are eventually realized is irrelevant."

It is pathetic, but in a way I am at ease knowing that all is contained in one place. I hate asking for help on forums because everyone gives extremely vague answers and they are designed for normal people who are actually putting in time to learn.

I am very sorry that you are discouraged. Unfulfilled creativity is agony, and as years slip away, reminders only serve to make it worse. Maybe you will consider creating a document as above. It does help, a little (a little). :(
Do you want my help?

Reactions: OnlyTheWind and Celerity
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Do you want my help?
Thank you for the offer, but I am just burnt out with trying and it has been a long time since I've touched code. Maybe when I pick myself up at some point. I'll share my document when it's ready, if you like.

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Thank you for the offer, but I am just burnt out with trying and it has been a long time since I've touched code. Maybe when I pick myself up at some point. I'll share my document when it's ready, if you like.
I would like to see it when ready, and of course. I know your pain.

• Hugs
Reactions: OnlyTheWind
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Oh wow! Nice to see other indie (I'm assuming) game devs here! If you have tourble with art you can always just use simple shapes or premade assets. Programming on the other hand is more if you don't know it and there's no prenmade plugin/code just give up, at least for me. Of course, commissions are a thing, but those are expensive. idk if same thing can be done for websites if that's what you are developing...

Reactions: BornToFail
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Oh wow! Nice to see other indie (I'm assuming) game devs here! If you have tourble with art you can always just use simple shapes or premade assets. Programming on the other hand is more if you don't know it and there's no prenmade plugin/code just give up, at least for me. Of course, commissions are a thing, but those are expensive. idk if same thing can be done for websites if that's what you are developing...
Yes, I am an indie game dev. Thank you very much.