tsykoais

tsykoais

i can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Apr 9, 2023
god it's so hard being a person of color in society. i didn't ask to exist as one so why am i being punished for it?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: squidsponge, Thisgirlwantstosleep, cowboypants and 27 others
blackwidow

blackwidow

Road to nowhere
Aug 12, 2022
We are all people of different colors in society...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, R_N, Hotsackage and 2 others
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, Kit1, Antinous and 7 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
We are all people of different colors in society...
This feels like the equivalent to when people announce that they are "colourbind" when talking about racism...

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Kit1, locked*n*loaded, these_days9 and 17 others
No More Tears

No More Tears

I'm tired of missing the bus.
Jul 26, 2024
In every country, all over the world, a race is the minority.

On this site, we are all one race.... The human race.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: blackwidow, Kit1, 4everHeartBroken and 4 others
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
It's difficult. I'm two minority races so not only do I deal with normal rejection from society but also both of my cultures don't even accept me

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Blurry_Buildings, heavyeyes and 8 others
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Define "west"
You know, pigmentation isn't a color first.
I feel the same about me in Europe. What define you is personality and acceptance to be different, that mean maybe too you are clever than "us"
"Us" are the people who rejected you and not theirs "color"

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
In every country, all over the world, a race is the minority.

On this site, we are all one race.... The human race.
*sigh* this is like the second comment on this thread like this so let me just clarify. being a minority in the western world (france, us, uk, etc) whether hispanic, black, or asian we are constantly subjected to stereotypes, racism, and all around terrible treatment.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, Kit1, Antinous and 13 others
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
As a person of colour I agree with this, especially with the increase in far right extremism and riots

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, Kit1, heavyeyes and 9 others
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
Define "west"
us, uk, france, australia, countries in europe, etc. it's hard for poc in these countries to assimilate due to the fact that most western countries were built off white supremacist ideals. however i do acknowledge that in other cultures that are not western people are punished for having darker skin.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, Reticent Being, Kit1 and 6 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
you are a spirit experiencing the human life, we grow as we experience duality not everyone here is living the perfect life , let it go as, it is what it is, you can't change it, only your mindset can change your perception of life

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
you are a spirit experiencing the human life, we grow as we experience duality not everyone here is living the perfect life , let it go as it is what it is you can't change it, only your mindset can change your perception of life is what matters.
What? This reads as pure nonsense.

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes, Sabitsuki, hoppybunny and 4 others
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
Nah about this point I agréé with you, past is still alive.
But as an european, I tried to leave in korea few years ago and I can say that's the same shit everywhere on this planet due to mentality and religions.
Immigration is probably the conséquence of colonisation during the end of 19th century. And now due to war all around the World.
But all people have same capacity to endure that, even if segregation was a real painfull bullshit of history

• Informative
Reactions: heavyeyes, ForgottenAgain, kinderbueno and 1 other person
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
let it go
it's not easy to just "let it go" when things are historically built to prevent you from succeeding in life and people will treat you differently just based off of your appearance and identity that you did not choose and can never change.
Nah about this point I agréé with you, past is still alive.
But as an european, I tried to leave in korea few years ago and I can say that's the same shit everywhere on this planet due to mentality and religions.
Immigration is probably the conséquence of colonisation during the end of 19th century. And now due to war all around the World.
But all people have same capacity to endure that, even if segregation was a real painfull bullshit of history
xenophobia is a real thing too. it's truly messed up because people hate anything that's different.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Antinous, heavyeyes, kinderbueno and 3 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
It's a lesson that you set out to learn before coming to earth, the lesson is difficult i don't have any doubt of it because people who died had messages from the other side claiming that self love is one of the hardest part of life but a beautiful and grateful lesson, it is to accept yourself as you are and not to seek validation from others

• Wow
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and divinemistress36
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
It's exhausting, especially when some people are keen on gaslighting you that we live in some sort of post-racist society.

Like, I'm glad you get to ignore it, but I don't. It's also a form of racism to treat minorities as if they can't adequately assess their own lived experiences, but that's a conversation for another day.

• Love
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, heavyeyes, BlackDoor and 11 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
As a person of colour I agree with this, especially with the increase in far right extremism and riots
Its scary I didnt realize how racist people actually were till this all started happening

• Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, heavyeyes, DeathSleep and 2 others
mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
What's with the replies on this thread? Do people not realize and understand that racism still exists and is even normalized in certain parts of the world? It's not something that can be easily ignored or overcome, people like OP still suffer from it. It's not easy to just "accept who you are" when thousands of other people literally hate you for your skin color, ethnic background, and culture. Humans naturally seek validation from others, but those people ridicule and isolate them from society. It's not an issue of self-acceptance.

• Hugs
Reactions: Antinous, heavyeyes, kinderbueno and 11 others
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
Racism and sexism is alive and kicking. I don't really even know where to begin in relation to my experience regarding discrimination, I can write many pages. And yet i know I have in fact been very lucky in experiencing very little discrimination compared to others.

For me it isn't even the ones that are directed at me intentionally that hurt the most, because you can dismiss that as an individual bad actor. What is most painful are the unintentional slip of the tongue, something said while drunk, the "positive discrimination" that reveals what the person is truly thinking, that they don't see you at all as an individual.

I'm tired, I get people can't help to judge others, but at least judge me as a person.

• Love
Reactions: Antinous, heavyeyes, kinderbueno and 6 others
samdocheon

samdocheon

Optimists are wrong
Jul 28, 2024
What's with the replies on this thread? Do people not realize and understand that racism still exists and is even normalized in certain parts of the world? It's not something that can be easily ignored or overcome, people like OP still suffer from it. It's not easy to just "accept who you are" when thousands of other people literally hate you for your skin color, ethnic background, and culture. Humans naturally seek validation from others, but those people ridicule and isolate them from society. It's not an issue of self-acceptance.
I completelly understand his feeling, I attempted CTB at 11 because of bullied about my skin color and origins. But what we can do honestly ? Nothing. Some white people hates black people or asian, some black people hates white people and arabian people, some asian people hates non asian people, and more and more again. Yeah that sucks , really. But bullying has not same rules everywhere you go on planet. I'm not that kind of person and won't be the defender of anything...
Just look what happens everywhere. UK , US with mexicans, Haïti with frenchs , gaza and Israël, and I forgot some conflits but this is unfortunatly our world since 2000 years... And it's not the end. I understand it's a fukin reason to die properly and regardless...
Maybe I don't use rights words I'm sorry.

Maybe I'm touchy about that shit. It always be a fukin problem for me since youth.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, heavyeyes, kinderbueno and 3 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
It's a lesson that you set out to learn before coming to earth, the lesson is difficult i don't have any doubt of it because people who died had messages from the other side claiming that self love is one of the hardest part of life but a beautiful and grateful lesson, it is to accept yourself as you are and not to seek validation from others
These lessons are brutal

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4everHeartBroken, kinderbueno and tsykoais
C

cryptoinvestor

Student
Jul 12, 2024
it's hard for me as a black woman

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, kinderbueno, BlackDoor and 5 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
It must be so exhausting. You don't deserve to suffer just for being born. I'm sorry so many people are so terrible 🫂

• Hugs
Reactions: heavyeyes, kinderbueno, Sabitsuki and 2 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024

The problem does not come from you, but from the world and we cannot change that but we can change our perception of things, what could we do if stupid people do not validate us? it's normal there are tolerant people and intolerant people, if the world were perfect and fair we wouldn't be here trying to end our lives, and when I say that the key is to accept yourself imean it, no criticism will make you feeling bad about yourself, it's like a invisible bulletproof vest, moral of the story: don't lower yourself to the ignorant and let them bark and don't forget to put on your bulletproof vest, with love brother.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and divinemistress36
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
The problem does not come from you, but from the world and we cannot change that but we can change our perception of things, what could we do if stupid people do not validate us? it's normal there are tolerant people and intolerant people, if the world were perfect and fair we wouldn't be here trying to end our lives, and when I say that the key is to accept yourself imean it, no criticism will make you feeling bad about yourself, it's like a invisible bulletproof vest, moral of the story: don't lower yourself to the ignorant and let them bark and don't forget to put on your bulletproof vest, with love brother.
First off, we can change the world. We have done it before on multiple occasions. The world doesn't exist in a permanent state of stagnation. Just as how things can regress, things can also progress, whether it be slowly or quickly.

Secondly, changing my perspective won't do shit. When people are being discriminated against, when your skin colour can get you killed, when you have an entire system specifically created to keep you and people like you down, you cannot respond to that with a simple "accept yourself because some people will be mean". You are treating racism like it's some simple little thing and you just to grow some thicker skin when in reality it is a systematic issue. This type of bullshit isn't going to help to missing Indigenous women, it isn't going to keep black people from being shot at by cops, it isn't going to help brown people who are being people are rioting against (Islamophobia is strongly linked to racism), it won't do shit.

It's better to advocate for real change rather than just making up excuses to do nothing. If things improve even just a little bit then it's worth it. Standing around going "oh, well" isn't going to help anyone and isn't even option for many of us. You try to work towards progress, even when it feels like it is in vain, to at try to make the world a better place for others.

Seriously, take your vague and empty platitudes somewhere else.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, Antinous, heavyeyes and 9 others
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
us, uk, france, australia, countries in europe, etc. it's hard for poc in these countries to assimilate due to the fact that most western countries were built off white supremacist ideals. however i do acknowledge that in other cultures that are not western people are punished for having darker skin.
Well they don't have to live there.

• Hmph!
Reactions: kinderbueno
T

thatisitguy

Jul 11, 2024
Or there needn't be disgusting racism since you're coming up with solutions.
I am not looking for solutions because 1) I don't care and 2) I have my own problems. However, people usually victimize people who look like them.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
tsykoais

tsykoais

Apr 9, 2023
Well they don't have to live there.
"facing racism? yeah just drop everything move to a different country!" is so insanely out of touch, not everyone has the money to just move to a different country.

• Love
Reactions: Roseate, Antinous, heavyeyes and 5 others
Jeav

Jeav

Aug 1, 2024
First off, we can change the world. We have done it before on multiple occasions. The world doesn't exist in a permanent state of stagnation. Just as how things can regress, things can also progress, whether it be slowly or quickly.

Secondly, changing my perspective won't do shit. When people are being discriminated against, when your skin colour can get you killed, when you have an entire system specifically created to keep you and people like you down, you cannot respond to that with a simple "accept yourself because some people will be mean". You are treating racism like it's some simple little thing and you just to grow some thicker skin when in reality it is a systematic issue. This type of bullshit isn't going to help to missing Indigenous women, it isn't going to keep black people from being shot at by cops, it isn't going to help brown people who are being people are rioting against (Islamophobia is strongly linked to racism), it won't do shit.

It's better to advocate for real change rather than just making up excuses to do nothing. If things improve even just a little bit then it's worth it. Standing around going "oh, well" isn't going to help anyone and isn't even option for many of us. You try to work towards progress, even when it feels like it is in vain, to at try to make the world a better place for others.

Seriously, take your vague and empty platitudes somewhere else.
The world is changing, but at such a slow pace that the change will certainly not come tomorrow. Such awareness takes time, and the precursors of these changes come from so-called major events. It is not an individual who will change the world, not me nor you; we are victims of our era, just as people were victims of slavery years ago.

Mahatma Gandhi said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." So, start with yourself and set a good example. Maybe the generations that follow will be inspired by your way of being. Fueling hatred will only harm the reputation of Black people (I am not white, by the way, and I understand your feelings). Hatred only generates more hatred, and it's a vicious circle, as this can harm our reputation and perpetuate negative stereotypes, I emphasize the importance of self-reflection, setting a positive example and understanding the long-term nature of meaningful change,

Reactions: divinemistress36