K

komori

Oct 28, 2023
Prepared to post my goodbye thread on here, but I was wondering if they tracked IPs here. I don't want to risk getting my info leaked, even after I've already caught the bus.

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Prepared to post my goodbye thread on here, but I was wondering if they tracked IPs here. I don't want to risk getting my info leaked, even after I've already caught the bus.
Are you using a VPN?

opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Currently yes, but I mostly haven't in the past.
I'm not entirely sure for you personally, as I'm not sure where you are. But (maybe, I dont know if this is exactly how it works OR if it solely up to the user to protect their info here) if you ask the mods to delete your profile/info, I believe they can set that up? We see certain people's names get crossed or greyed out.

Bump, can someone weigh in on this? I'm not someone who cares about what happens to my stuff afterward, but if anyone has info for OP, jump in.

Reactions: TenThousandTrees
TenThousandTrees

TenThousandTrees

The ocean washed over your grave
Aug 25, 2024
I'm not sure if that information even gets tracked, but even in the event that it is and then gets leaked (pretty unlikely), an IP address is probably not enough to identify who you are. You often don't get a very precise location from an IP address lookup. Also like opheliaoveragain said, accounts do get closed by mods after a goodbye thread as an extra privacy measure.

maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
You should be ok whether you use a VPN or not.
Just have the mods delete your account.
I hope everything goes smoothly for you & you can find a place of eternal peace & unconditional love🌹💔