BackpackBones

BackpackBones

Nov 1, 2023
To be clear I've already made up my mind. I know what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it, and I'm at peace with leaving things the way they are. The only "negative" emotion I feel about ctb is guilt at not having told the people closest to me in my life. So I did something to bring me comfort and I told my bestest friends.
I'm not exactly conflicted or regretful of my decision -even if maybe I should be. I have people in my life advocating for me to give the psych ward a go and I see nothing wrong with giving things one last chance. I'm oddly excited about what might happen, even if at the moment I'm still confident about my decision to ctb.

If there's any advice/ things I should know about the psych ward, I'd really appreciate hearing them here.
I know this was short but I appreciate you all reading this.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeforeYouFallAsleep and FlyAwayHoney
O

OhSoTired

Sep 11, 2021
Hi. It was very brave of you to tell the people closest to you about your feelings. I hope that the place you go to is good and that you have a positive experience. I've been in a few different psych wards over the years. Some of my experiences were really good and put me on a positive track for quite a while. It sounds like you're going with an open mind and I think that's the most important thing. See what is offered and maybe connect to some of the other people there. 🤗

• Love
Reactions: BackpackBones
Upvote 0
FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
It is nice that you are going in this with an open mind and not feeling pressure about it all. You may have a positive experience, or a lack luster one. I went to one in my teens and met people my age who were some of the nicest most accepting people I have encountered. I don't know if you have sought out options like this before, but I agree that it won't necessarily hurt to do it as one last attempt.

Just as CTB is not a decision most people make in an instant, you shouldn't expect to go into this and come out with all your problems fixed immediately. You may ultimately decide that CTB is what you want, which is fine, but you could also get some insight that makes you want to stick around for longer.

Good luck on your journey.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Upvote 0
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I think I can help you out this time
I've been to two clinics/psych wards

The first one was awful. I was there for 7 weeks and the first 4 were on the wrong station for addictions and nothing related to psychosis/mental health.
The second one was way better (11 weeks). It was a day clinic so you were allowed to go home but had to show up by yourself. Basically like a nine-to-five. I would say it was positive for the most part. It was like a shared apartment with the other patients and not really like a typical clinic. Meds helped a bit but also had their drawbacks. And I loved the art therapy

I am in germany btw but if you are open to getting help like that try to get something similar to this "open day clinic" concept
(I don't know what the proper term for it is tho >-<)

• Hugs
Upvote 0
BackpackBones

BackpackBones

Nov 1, 2023
I think I can help you out this time
I've been to two clinics/psych wards

The first one was awful. I was there for 7 weeks and the first 4 were on the wrong station for addictions and nothing related to psychosis/mental health.
The second one was way better (11 weeks). It was a day clinic so you were allowed to go home but had to show up by yourself. Basically like a nine-to-five. I would say it was positive for the most part. It was like a shared apartment with the other patients and not really like a typical clinic. Meds helped a bit but also had their drawbacks. And I loved the art therapy

I am in germany btw but if you are open to getting help like that try to get something similar to this "open day clinic" concept
(I don't know what the proper term for it is tho >-<)

I think I know what you mean by open day clinic.

Here in Cali. there are similar programs available called parial hospitalization programs (PHP for short). One of my friends recommended it as an alternative to the full treatment of the psych-ward.

Also, I can't tell you how much I needed to hear this. He too noted a positive experience but I was really skeptical.
Now I'm considering this less-intrusive alternative more and more. đź’“

• Love
Reactions: BeforeYouFallAsleep
Upvote 0
BeforeYouFallAsleep

BeforeYouFallAsleep

a corpse is talking
Oct 11, 2023
I think I know what you mean by open day clinic.

Here in Cali. there are similar programs available called parial hospitalization programs (PHP for short). One of my friends recommended it as an alternative to the full treatment of the psych-ward.

Also, I can't tell you how much I needed to hear this. He too noted a positive experience but I was really skeptical.
Now I'm considering this less-intrusive alternative more and more. đź’“
I would choose this type of clinic any time over the closed ones! The patients are mostly in recovery so there is a more positive mood (most of the time and in my case)
Alone the fact that the staff trusts you to show up or not to ctb gives you a better feeling about this place and that you actually improved, even if it is a little bit.

And you can update me anytime you want <3

• Hugs
Upvote 0
BackpackBones

BackpackBones

Nov 1, 2023
Yeah of course! I plan to in december, so hopefully you're still around by then :)

• Love
Reactions: BeforeYouFallAsleep
Upvote 0