I

Inner_dialogue

May 19, 2020
Mental healthcare in the UK is so useless, every time I see a post like this I just know it's from the UK. We're one of the richest counties in the world and apparently one of the societally understanding of mental health but I've never heard a single person with serious issues say that they've actually been helped by the healthcare system. This government and society love saying you should get "help" but the reality is the services are underfunded, you'll be on waiting lists for months if not over a year and once you finally get "help" they'll often be unqualified and desperately trying to get rid of you asap to try to get the waiting list down!
I genuinely regret ever trying to engage with them at all.
I totally agree. There are an odd few therapists that are great but their hands are tied when it
Comes to offering better help. They work within set guidelines which suck! Especially in the nhs community I'm part of. The crisis team are "gatekeepers" to accessing help In a crisis and if they don't deem you worthy, because you know, you've talked about suicide so won't do it, then you can't access any further help! Like what the hell is that all about?! And who gives them the rigjt
To decide
You don't need help!

Reactions: SOWM
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Well, in my case, I talk about suicide but I don't decide to do in a short time because I really want to live as a trans female, full transitioned, first. I know it's a "commonplace" the transgender people who end their lives, but I took my decision very seriously and, when life becomes unbearable, whatever by povetry or by apocalypse, I will not chicken out about doing so. In that period, I'll talk about it because it comforts me and make me more peaceful about CTB. I will never admit to a therapist that I'm suicidal because I know the consequences and I prefer not to be labeled as sucidial and throw out to a psych ward for mention it, so I'll keep to myself that desire. My recommendation is to talk only to open minded persons, like in this forum, because the common reference will be the pro life. So, feel free to talk about it.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Inner_dialogue