Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'm trying to think of all the reasons I want to leave my husband, trying to decided what is best for me.

Do you think "because it's easier" is a good reason? It kinda feels like I'm just throwing my arms up in the air and saying "fuck it, I give up". But I'm serious. There's just so much, it's seriously easier to just start over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
If it is easier to leave with all the hassle and time taken up by doing so then I'd say "because it is easier" is definitely a good enough reason, not that I know your particular circumstances but it's not like getting something off Amazon instead of driving 30mins "easier".

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and Bat 17
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I think trying to decide what is best for you is a better reason. The line of least resistance is appealing but not necessarily the basis of good decision making ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu and LastFlowers
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
People naturally gravitate towards the easier solution, I mean, our entire civilization is based around finding ways to make our lives easier.

So, yes. Something being easier is a good reason, especially if you are doing it because you feel it's the right choice.

• Hugs
F

fishtacos4me

Apr 15, 2021
If you are trying to think of all the reasons why you want to leave, then you want to leave.
Because I want to leave - That's enough of a reason.

I'm guessing that if you want to leave, your needs are not being met there. That's enough of a reason, too.
You wouldn't be thinking this way if you were happy. That's enough of a reason, too.

Are you really looking for what's best or trying to find a way to not feel like a quitter? It's okay to quit a relationship that you obviously aren't happy with. You don't have to feel bad or like you are giving up. I give up my bread when it goes moldy. I gave up my dog when he was too sick to save. We give up old hole filled t shirts, empty cartons, burned out light bulbs, worn out cars, even body parts that are no longer functioning correctly. If it's used up and not working, it's okay to put it behind you without feeling like you've failed.

• Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll and Amumu
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Is leaving your husband the easiest option anyway? It's probably 'easier' to keep doing what you are doing, ambling along in the marriage, maintaining your relationship such as it is with your friend. Divorces get messy and feelings are hurt - I don't think it will be easy necessarily.

However, maybe you need to do this for your personal growth and happiness however difficult it might be for a time.

• Hugs
F

fishtacos4me

Apr 15, 2021
well personal growth is plenty of reason

What part of you will grow the most from it?

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
What part of you will grow the most from it?
Just me. I went from an abusive household to living with a guy (my current husband). Back then he (nor i) understood my disorders so the way I was treated back then compared to now.... Let's just say differs, however the way I feel hasnt.

I guess I'm basically looking for a blank slate.

• Hugs