Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
What is the accuracy of this statement?

"Deaths at the site are often covered by the media, and Ross Hardy, the founder of the chaplaincy team, says that this encourages suicidal people to choose the site."

Jumping isn't even close to being on my list so I wouldn't consider it for any reason, however I can't see people wanting to go there just for a " publicity stunt". I always figured it was because of the high, you have a better chance at success or am I wrong and you just want your face in the paper???

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I think it means that the media often reports suicide attempts at beachy head and that leads to more awareness of that location being a place you can go to ctb

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Rn110bg101, BipolarGuy and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I think it means that the media often reports suicide attempts at beachy head and that leads to more awareness of that location being a place you can go to ctb
The way it says "encourages" seems like they want to go just for the media. Of course it probably boggles people's minds that someone would jump that high so it's not surprising they report it

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I agree with this.

While the practicalities of a location (height, for example) is a consideration, there are plenty of other places to go.

A particular location surely cannot become a popular suicide location without some form of 'marketing', for want of a better word.
This 'marketing' (which is just raising awareness that people have ended their lives at the location) is usually undertaken by the media.

Golden gate bridge is a prime example.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I agree with this.

While the practicalities of a location (height, for example) is a consideration, there are plenty of other places to go.

A particular location surely cannot become a popular suicide location without some form of 'marketing', for want of a better word.
This 'marketing' (which is just raising awareness that people have ended their lives at the location) is usually undertaken by the media.

Golden gate bridge is a prime example.
Another good example would be the woods in japan. (I can't spell it but I know people here know where I'm talking about and the ones that don't are probably googling it lol)

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Another good example would be the woods in japan. (I can't spell it but I know people here know where I'm talking about and the ones that don't are probably googling it lol)
Yes those woods in Japan.
Or that band - what is it called?

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/aokigahara-forest-suicide-hotspot.49204/

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Oh what are they called?
Suicide girls/suicide squad?
Oh them. If it's who I think we're talking about I hate them and find it annoying. Although I thought they were a tv with Harley Quinn and joker or something
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/aokigahara-forest-suicide-hotspot.49204/
Yeah I can't spell that lol.

Reactions: checkouttime, Deleted member 4993 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
There's also that movie Suicide Kings.