reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
"Be thankful and everything will turn around. You will start to see the positive things." They said. How can I be thankful when everything is just hurting and painful. How can I be thankful when every time I wake up I just feel alone, lonely, depressed, felt left abandoned by everyone. How can I be thankful when my heart is broken, how can I be thankful when all I see is pain. How can I be thankful when I lost everything. How can be thankful when I don't even know who I am anymore. Hiw can I be thankful when I hold all my anger towards myself so that I cannot hurt anyone. How can I be thankful when I cannot forgive myself and I can no longer see myself in the future or even tomorrow. How can I be thankful when I am shouting for help but no one is extending their hands for help. How can I be thankful when all I can see is a man covered in his dirt, shame, and sins. How can I be thankful when the only thing that holding me together is also gone. How can I be thankful when I am down to the lowest and and have no more strength to stand up. How can I see the things I need to thank for when I cannot even look at myself anymore. I am tired, broken, depressed, abandoned, left behind, never cared for, forgotten. Hoping to end it all as soon as possible, probably I can be thankful if that moment came to me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: byebyered, Reallysad, Forever Sleep and 5 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
"Be thankful and everything will turn around. You will start to see the positive things." They said. How can I be thankful when everything is just hurting and painful. How can I be thankful when every time I wake up I just feel alone, lonely, depressed, felt left abandoned by everyone. How can I be thankful when my heart is broken, how can I be thankful when all I see is pain. How can I be thankful when I lost everything. How can be thankful when I don't even know who I am anymore. Hiw can I be thankful when I hold all my anger towards myself so that I cannot hurt anyone. How can I be thankful when I cannot forgive myself and I can no longer see myself in the future or even tomorrow. How can I be thankful when I am shouting for help but no one is extending their hands for help. How can I be thankful when all I can see is a man covered in his dirt, shame, and sins. How can I be thankful when the only thing that holding me together is also gone. How can I be thankful when I am down to the lowest and and have no more strength to stand up. How can I see the things I need to thank for when I cannot even look at myself anymore. I am tired, broken, depressed, abandoned, left behind, never cared for, forgotten. Hoping to end it all as soon as possible, probably I can be thankful if that moment came to me.
My ex told me to be thankful that he even talk to me and then abandoned me 5 minutes later like for the 8th time this year. Was a horrible christmas.

• Aww..
Reactions: WorthlessTrash, LittleJem, Sister of the Moon and 1 other person
Tapir

Tapir

Tapirus pinchaque
Feb 12, 2022
I'm sorry to hear(read) you are feeling so awful and that someone said something so flip and unhelpful.

I feel like "Gratitude" is a popular mental health strategy dujour that I always feel comes off uncomfortably close to "what do you have to be depressed about? other people have it so much worse."

When I'm in places that want to use it I try to think of it as "I'm trying to focus on this one tiny pleasant thing as a distraction from my wish to kill myself/hurt myself/be asleep all the time." -That person was funny. -Those oranges smell good. -I'm walking.

I hope that you can find something to give a respite from the onslaught.

Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
I feel like "Gratitude" is a popular mental health strategy dujour that I always feel comes off uncomfortably close to "what do you have to be depressed about? other people have it so much worse."

I always hated this train of thought because the reciprocate is "you can't be happy because someone has it better." I think your way of thinking is much better. Tiny but meaningful distractions.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those people who say things like that are incredibly deluded. Just take no notice of them, I'm sorry that others dismiss what you go through. It's really insane to say such nonsense toxic positivity which doesn't reflect reality. No, the problems and suffering that exist in this world are very real and being 'thankful' won't take them away. But toxic positivity is just so invalidating in general and it would be different if the people who said those things actually suffered. I really hate the view that we should be 'thankful' and appreciate what we have, but the reality is that why should we. We never asked for any of this in the first place, existence is a cruel unnecessary burden, it's not a 'gift' being trapped in an existence not worth enduring. The only thing that I would be thankful for right now is a peaceful way to end this existence.

Reactions: Seiko and Unending
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I want to know- just who is it we're supposed to be grateful to? A lot of us would much rather have not been born to begin with... Not sure why I should be thankful for anything that came about as a result of my birth. If it's God or my parents I'm supposed to thank- didn't they give me this 'problem' to begin with?

reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
I'm in places that want to use it I try to think of it as "I'm trying to focus on this one tiny pleasant thing as a distraction from my wish to kill myself/hurt myself/be asleep all the time." -That person was funny. -Those oranges smell good. -I'm walking.

I hope that you can find something to give a respite from the onslaught.
I tried to recognize small things that is good. Like having a small laugh from silly jokes or good food. But I always return to being suicidal and depressed.

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
In just about any other context, telling somebody to be grateful for anything that put them through suffering and adversity would be looked at as cruel or even abusive. I'm not too sure why society makes an exception for this one concept called "Life."

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep and LittleJem
R

Reallysad

Student
Nov 23, 2022
Can totally relate to this,everything you have said is what I feel, it's good in a weird sort of way to know I am not alone and there are other people going through what I am going through this website does help.good luck to you my friend we are all in this together

• Hugs
Reactions: reverse03
reverse03

reverse03

Departing. Goodbye
Sep 11, 2022
I want to know- just who is it we're supposed to be grateful to? A lot of us would much rather have not been born to begin with... Not sure why I should be thankful for anything that came about as a result of my birth. If it's God or my parents I'm supposed to thank- didn't they give me this 'problem' to begin with?
I think they only want to be grateful and thankful every time at any moment. Expressing other things like anger, guilt, and wrath is not valid even you are going through painful and sad moments. They only want to have positive vibe around them and when we express other things, they don't want to accept it. They don't want to accept the reality of expressing madness and loneliness.

Reactions: Forever Sleep