Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Japan's 'Twitter killer' faces the death sentence after admitting to 9 murders of suicidal people he lured on social media

• A Japanese man dubbed the "Twitter Killer" has pleaded guilty to killing and dismembering eight women and one man in 2017 after he lured them in on the social media platform.
  • Takahiro Shiraishi allegedly created a Twitter account to contact people who had expressed suicidal thoughts, telling them he could help them die, and in some cases also promising to kill himself alongside them.
  • Shiraishi told a Tokyo court on Wednesday that the allegations against him "are all correct."
  • His lawyers however argued that his charges — which could lead to a potential death penalty — should be reduced because his victims apparently gave consent to be killed.
  • The high-profile case sent shockwaves through the country and led Twitter to introduce new rules against promoting suicide and self-harm.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A Japanese man, dubbed the "Twitter killer," has pleaded guilty to murdering and dismembering nine people in 2017 after he lured them via social media.

Takahiro Shiraishi, 29, told a Tokyo court on Wednesday that he had used Twitter and other online platforms to contact people who had expressed suicidal thoughts.

Shiraishi allegedly told his victims that he could help them die, and in some cases, also promised he would kill himself alongside them.

He then invited them to his apartment in Zama, 25 miles south-west of Tokyo, where he sexually assaulted, strangled, and dismembered them.

Eight of his victims were young women, and one was a 20-year-old male, killed after he confronted Shiraishi about his girlfriend's whereabouts. Three of the female victims were still in high school, one of which was only 15 years old.

The defendant told the court that the allegations against him "are all correct." However, his lawyers argued that his charges should be reduced because his victims gave consent to be killed, according to the BBC.

If convicted, Shiraishi is likely to be sentenced to death. However, if he is charged with "murder with consent" he could only get a prison sentence between six months and seven years.

saw this today so if you're planning to meet a partner make sure they don't have devious intentions. Take a long while to get to know that partner

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Georgiana Darcy, mooncake, InterstateFlowers and 16 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Woah, that was intense.
Yes, I'm not into getting partners for CTB but yeah, you gotta be goddamn fully careful

Reactions: mooncake, sadworld, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Creeeeeepy... monstrous

Reactions: mooncake, sadworld, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Holy fuck. You definitely have to be very careful if you're looking for a partner. Too many psychos out there.

It's also fucked up that the lawyers are arguing that these women gave their consent to be killed. They certainly didn't consent to be murdered after being sexually assaulted.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, mooncake, Worthless_nobody and 14 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
God, you know I'm a good person but this kind of thing really really annoys me.

I mean it really touches me.
He sexually assaulted them, and murdered them.

Have I told you about my 'holiday camps' for people like this.....?

Reactions: sadworld, Caspers, Salt and 4 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
If he's going to be given the death penalty, he should be treated the way he treated his victims

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Worthless_nobody, sadworld and 7 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
If he's going to be given the death penalty, he should be treated the way he treated his victims

I agree. He's a sick sick person. especially 3 of the girls were in high school one was 15. He should be tortured for days before executed

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Worthless_nobody, sadworld and 5 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
If I ever take power, I'm to open special holiday camps especially for people just like him.
They'll be in a nice secluded location deep in the countryside.
There will be fun things to do, like sleep in bunk beds and have large communal showers.
They would enjoy it so much that people like him would never be seen or heard from again.
It would be wonderful

• Love
Reactions: UselessMF, demuic, sadworld and 3 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
If I ever take power, I'm to open special holiday camps especially for people just like him.
There will be fun things to do, like sleep in bunk beds and have large communal showers.
They would enjoy it so much that people like him would never be seen or heard from again.
It would be wonderful

I always said there needs to be an island. Drop off any people who abuse children and elderly, men who rape women, murders drop them all off. Drop a plane load of supplies once a month.

• Love
Reactions: sadworld and XYZ
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I always said there needs to be an island. Drop off any people who abuse children and elderly, men who rape women, murders drop them all off. Drop a plane load of supplies once a month.
No, people like that don't get to take over a nice island.
Plus, there may be a possibility that one or two of them would somehow make it back to the mainland.

Obviously they would cry and moan about their own 'human rights', but oh well.

Reactions: sadworld
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Creeeeeepy... monstrous

Monsters are real. They don't have five eyes and seven arms and hide under your bed. They are flesh and bone and walk upright on two legs. They are people.

Reactions: Georgiana Darcy, Worthless_nobody, demuic and 4 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
One of many reasons I would never want a partner.

Reactions: demuic, sadworld, disabledandhopeless and 5 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
here's something I found in an article about him.. wonder if he met any of his victims here!

Numerous reports claim Shiraishi – who was arrested today – and the 23-year-old woman met on a website for people with suicidal feelings.
The woman is said to have posted she was "looking for someone to commit suicide with me".

• Wow
Reactions: sadworld, Deleted member 19654, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's funny how the death sentence is considered adequate punishment in 'normal' society.
I mean, for most people on this site, death is an el dorado, an elysian field which seems to be so difficult to access and frustratingly elusive.
Much better for people like him would be bipolarguy's suggestion.

It's also shocking that if he is found guilty of 'murder with consent', he may only get 6 months in prison.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic, sadworld and 3 others
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Some very sick and twisted people about.

Reactions: sadworld and Deleted member 19654
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
It would be wonderful
Wait maybe it's the joke and it went over my head but this is basically what prison is... right?
Holiday camps do sound nicer though.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
Wait maybe it's the joke and it went over my head but this is basically what prison is... right?
Holiday camps do sound nicer though.
Yeah it went over your head :)

Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah it went over your head :)
Oh haha yeah I don't understand humor. Thank you. I was thinking something like after a difficult period where most of them murder each other all the fun activities would make them wonder why they spent their time doing comparatively worthless things. Like really drive home that not only is murder evil, it's boring too.

Last edited:
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
yeah, i would never want a partner for ctb, i am way too scared.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
they did that and named it Australia.
no offense Mate.