StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Despite my status as a neet depressed alcoholic stasi victim in mom's basement I felt surprisingly content and satisfied yesterday.

I don't know how to rationalize this other than the stasi laced my pizza delivery (which I have 3 to 4 times a week) with drugs that makes you more happy.
Maybe I need to go back to tin-food so they can't fuck with my emotional state.
Maybe its something more trivial like the weather getting nicer, I just don't know..

You might think this is a good thing, imo it's not because I need to know AND feel where I'm truly at, and that's dark miserable place.
It's not enough happiness to make any meaningful or positive changes but just enough to not kill myself.
I'm at whits end, I just need to end this bullshit.. I feel like life is trolling me.

Anyone else gets unexplained random spells of happiness despite being in a hopeless situation?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: virginiawoolf and Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
I haven't felt happy for at least 18 months. I'm not clear if it's me or the medication or both

I'm quite a good actor so I appear superficially cheerful to people and know how to make them laugh (I think), so I don't think most people know

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, JustAMatterOfTime and ThrownAwayTom
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Don't worry, they don't last long
An interesting observation.
Most people, let's call them "normal" for lack of a better word, would say that life is mainly good with bad parts in between, but all life consists fundamentally of suffering. This can easily be proven:
If you sit down and don't do anything, you will die of starvation and dehydration.
If you eat and drink, but don't do anything else, you will go insane from lack of mental exercise and suffer horribly from lack of physical exercise.
Essentially, your entire life consists of conscious and unconscious effort to avoid suffering; you have to work all the time to at least live a neutral existence. This leads to the conclusion that life is mainly bad with good parts in between.

• Aww..
Reactions: FuneralCry, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and StateOfMind
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
An interesting observation.
Most people, let's call them "normal" for lack of a better word, would say that life is mainly good with bad parts in between, but all life consists fundamentally of suffering. This can easily be proven:
If you sit down and don't do anything, you will die of starvation and dehydration.
If you eat and drink, but don't do anything else, you will go insane from lack of mental exercise and suffer horribly from lack of physical exercise.
Essentially, your entire life consists of conscious and unconscious effort to avoid suffering; you have to work all the time to at least live a neutral existence. This leads to the conclusion that life is mainly bad with good parts in between.
There is only one inborn error, and that is the notion that we exist in order to be happy. At every step, in things great and small, we are bound to experience that the world and life are certainly not arranged for the purpose of maintaining a happy existence.
-- A. Schopenhauer

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and StateOfMind
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yea sometimes. Usually when I have had vodka and uppers tho

Aloken

Aloken

I choose love
Jan 25, 2021
Yes, but for me, it's just and illusion. Like I'm fooling myself. Soon I'll feel to my bones how I need to go as soon as possible. Like what happened a few minutes ago, actually.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate, especially during my breakdown some months ago.

I used to drink booze and order junk food everyday.

In spite being a super duper depressed NEET that was my happiness and escape. I was more than happy with just forgetting about this goddamn reality for some hours.

Now, I deal with the "real" reality from Monday to Friday but on Sats, omg...I'm so happy! Gonna get wasted AF today!

Reactions: loopylou and Bat 17
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish I did. Sometimes I feel slightly a bit better but soon enough it is ripped away. It would be nice to have a break from the constant emptiness/anhedonia. I cannot remember what happiness feels like.

• Aww..
Reactions: Leiden