• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Looking for thoughts on my version of this method. I know generally the bag over head method has a low success rate, but its only due to the fact that your body in panic or survival mode will tear the bag off at the last minute, I think this happens when you're already unconscious. This can be solved by tying hands behind some kind of pole-like thing, like a tree. Like this:

So I was thinking how to tie my hands behind a tree, and I thought about just using two separate pieces of rope, one for each hand, like this:

Then after I sit down under the tree I'll wrap my hands behind the tree and able to tie up the rope together easily. Maybe I won't tie it too tight, this way if I chicken out or something I can immediately untie it. I think by tying a dead knot or something really tightly I'll panic way more.

I think this will be okay because I've tried bag over the head before and was able to endure it pretty long, almost till passing out. It alternated between panic and calm moments, and ultimately I think I should be able to endure it until unconsciousness.

After unconsciousness with the hands tied behind a tree even the survival instinct of the body won't be able to rip off the bag... unless while in survival instinct mode (unconscious) my body somehow figures out a way to untie my hands, but Im assuming that in unconscious survival mode the body doesn't react by thinking like this, it just thrashes around randomly. Untying the hands require thinking so if I"m unconscious my hands should stay tied up.

Will use a strong plastic bag, and also do this in the wilderness far away from people so even if it fails I wouldn't have to be rescued and live as a vegetable.

Last edited:
Reactions: not4us and GoodPersonEffed
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
No

Reactions: lostangel and autumnal
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
how do you tie your hands by yourself?

Reactions: Disco Biscuit, ForcedLifeResistant, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
If you can immediately untie it, what's the point? However you could accidentally make a knot that you can't get undone esp if you're panicking and then your last moments are terrifying.. Or you have a knot you can't get out of bcuz you can't see it and the bag doesn't work and you're stuck there alive for how long?
no thanks
AND you have SN... so why? Sounds like a fetish and not a plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notwinnernotawin, autumnal and profoundexperience
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
What if your nose starts to itch after you tie your hands?

In all seriousness, I am not a fan of this idea. You could use large carabiner to do a quick latch versus trying to tie a knot but I forsee too much scrambling and a miserable passing if successful, but it is your choice.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and profoundexperience
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
If you can immediately untie it, what's the point?

to prevent the body's survival instinct to tear off the bag during unconsciousness. as Ive said I assume that during this point the body can only thrash around randomly and not able to untie knots, if thats true then the knot can be only untied while conscious, this makes panic less likely.

However you could accidentally make a knot that you can't get undone esp if you're panicking and then your last moments are terrifying.. Or you have a knot you can't get out of bcuz you can't see it

would practice a lot beforehand to get a good feel of everything

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
You can practice the method and see if it's practical. It seems like you're trying to trick your mind into overriding instincts while also giving yourself an out if you choose to change your mind, which sounds to me like worth trying.

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
to prevent the body's survival instinct to tear off the bag during unconsciousness. as Ive said I assume that during this point the body can only thrash around randomly and not able to untie knots. the fact it can be untied while conscious makes panic less likely.

But you also said

[QUOTE="snowman626, post: 767082, member: 5351. Maybe I won't tie it too tight, this way if I chicken out or something I can immediately untie it.[/QUOTE]
But ya, give it a test run without the bag and around a pole or light post ??

Reactions: autumnal
EraseRewind

EraseRewind

Circling the drain
May 13, 2020
Sounds pretty harsh and frightening, a lot to put yourself through. I've thought about the bag over the head but I think I'm too weak willed to go through with it. Good luck with it though.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
But you also said

[QUOTE="snowman626, post: 767082, member: 5351. Maybe I won't tie it too tight, this way if I chicken out or something I can immediately untie it.
[/QUOTE]

they're two different things.

one is where Im already unconscious and the body's survival instinct is in play trying to fight to breathe, in this scenario I am assuming it is just thrashing around randomly and cannot figure out how to untie whatever knots is in place.

the other one is where Im still conscious but want to back out, in this scenario I am still capable of thinking and therefore able to untie the rope

Ipassbutter

Ipassbutter

Feb 24, 2019
Use a zip tie for your hands. That's how cops handcuff people in mass.
Sounds pretty horrifying imo.

Last edited:
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
AND you have SN... so why? Sounds like a fetish and not a plan.

cause I dont plan on ctbing right away. what if the SN expires by the time I need to use it? What if by that point SN is unavailable anywhere and I'm unable to get new supplies? whats wrong with figuring out a backup plan for the future?

Reactions: not4us and GoodPersonEffed
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020

they're two different things.

one is where Im already unconscious and the body's survival instinct is in play trying to fight to breathe, in this scenario I am assuming it is just thrashing around randomly and cannot figure out how to untie whatever knots is in place.

the other one is where Im still conscious but want to back out, in this scenario I am still capable of thinking and therefore able to untie the rope
[/QUOTE]
I know ... but you're SI WILL kick in so you'll untie it.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Seems pretty intense. Not sure how you either get the bag over your head then tie the rope, or tie the rope and get the bag over yoir head.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
I know ... but you're SI WILL kick in so you'll untie it.

to clarify, you mean that SI will kick in while I'm conscious or unconscious?

if unconscious then I wasnt aware that the body can still untie knots at this point, I assumed this required conscious thinking. if that is the case then the only way this could work is if I tie some kind of knot that cannot be untied.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@snowman626

"Just as I shall select my ship when I am about to go on a voyage, or my house when I propose to take a residence, so I shall choose my death when I am about to depart from life. Moreover, just as a long-drawn-out life does not necessarily mean a better one, so a long-drawn-out death necessarily means a worse one. There is no occasion when the soul should be humored more than at the moment of death. Let the soul depart as it feels itself impelled to go; whether it seeks the sword, or the halter, or some draught that attacks the veins, let it proceed and burst the bonds of its slavery. Every man ought to make his life acceptable to others besides himself, but his death to himself alone. The best form of death is the one we like. Men are foolish who reflect thus: 'One person will say that my conduct was not brave enough; another, that I was too headstrong; a third, that a particular kind of death would have betokened more spirit.' What you should really reflect is: 'I have under consideration a purpose with which the talk of men has no concern!' Your sole aim should be to escape from Fortune as speedily as possible; otherwise, there will be no lack of persons who will think ill of what you have done."

- Seneca

There's constructive criticism of the method, and then there's criticism based on personal preferences and opinions. This is your ctb and no one else's, and if it is your desire and you have the capability to carry it out, you owe no defense. If it doesn't work, there is no condemning judgment for that, it simply proves to not work. If it does work, then it accomplishes what you seek: a self-determined exit of your choice based on your capabilities and what you desire and deem best for yourself.

That said, if you can consciously untie it, the possibility exists that you can untie when unconscious and functioning in subconscious SI mode. It seems important to you to give yourself an out and to not feel pressured by something inescapable like zip ties. I honor that. You're doing this in the way that feels right for you, and it may just work. If it doesn't, you can choose a different method, you can choose to wait, or you can choose to enhance this method with something more secure should you feel like that is the next best step. You already have experience with the bag and know what you are capable of, and you can continue to experiment and learn what you are capable of with the other element should this plan not work out as you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, virginiawoolf86, Soul and 2 others
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
Looking for thoughts on my version of this method. I know generally the bag over head method has a low success rate, but its only due to the fact that your body in panic or survival mode will tear the bag off at the last minute, I think this happens when you're already unconscious. This can be solved by tying hands behind some kind of pole-like thing, like a tree. Like this:

View attachment 38322

So I was thinking how to tie my hands behind a tree, and I thought about just using two separate pieces of rope, one for each hand, like this:

View attachment 38323

Then after I sit down under the tree I'll wrap my hands behind the tree and able to tie up the rope together easily. Maybe I won't tie it too tight, this way if I chicken out or something I can immediately untie it. I think by tying a dead knot or something really tightly I'll panic way more.

I think this will be okay because I've tried bag over the head before and was able to endure it pretty long, almost till passing out. It alternated between panic and calm moments, and ultimately I think I should be able to endure it until unconsciousness.

After unconsciousness with the hands tied behind a tree even the survival instinct of the body won't be able to rip off the bag... unless while in survival instinct mode (unconscious) my body somehow figures out a way to untie my hands, but Im assuming that in unconscious survival mode the body doesn't react by thinking like this, it just thrashes around randomly. Untying the hands require thinking so if I"m unconscious my hands should stay tied up.

Will use a strong plastic bag, and also do this in the wilderness far away from people so even if it fails I wouldn't have to be rescued and live as a vegetable.
[/QUOTE Actually, I have to applaud this method for its originality. What I would fear most would be appearance of woodland carnivores (bears and the like)

Weightoftheworld

Weightoftheworld

Let me burn.
Apr 19, 2020
Considered something similar to this, except it consisted of being inside my car. Zip/tie hands to steering wheel after securing neck to headrest so not to lean forward when SI kicks in to rip off.
Just one of my many wild ideas.:ahhha:

Reactions: Meditation guide
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
bonus points for the drawings

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderworld, virginiawoolf86, x-Ace-x and 1 other person
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
If for some reason the bag goes off or rips then you end up alive tied to a tree

Reactions: Meditation guide and virginiawoolf86
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Please no, it's creative but you will in panic mode for 2 minutes at least and be struggling to breathe. Please choose another method.

P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I agree; panic mode will set in fairly rapidly, as you consider the possibility of woodland life forms feasting on you cadaver.

Reactions: 411esme and virginiawoolf86
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
yes imo

it was literally explained in the post. read.

Lol okay... you're right, help suggest a school project for death... we then can see what happens afterward, right? Strictly data purposes

CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
Hi. I hate to be the harbinger of doom but with almost every ctb plan where the person intentionally creates an out, the plan fails. Think of partial hanging. You give yourself an easy way out of it and your si will kick in because you're not ready. Methods that have the highest success rate have no easy way out eg full hanging, Sn, H overdose, N etc

Reactions: Leshen and autumnal
greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
honestly i would use a different method like sn is very easy and painless, and the whole tying hands behind the tree with the bag on your head is an okaay... method i guess but it will probably not work for you since you are giving yourself a way out and it will end up taking awhile. but who am i to tell you what to do? at the end of the day you should choose whichever method you're most comfortable with. if this is how you'd like to ctb then by all means please use this method if it is what you want to do. to each his own. :hug: much love

not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
Looks legit to me. I can't see how it does not pan out. When they find a body they will assume a murder though. For many people it's important to make it look like not suicide. Also an opaque bag might be used to make the scene look less traumatizing for the person who will be the first to find the body (it can easily be a child).

not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
AND you have SN... so why?
honestly i would use a different method like SN is very easy and painless
Can you explain to me how is depriving body cells from oxygen via SN poisoning is less painful and more peaceful than doing so using a bag?
Symptoms are very similar as the body struggles to get oxygen by increasing heart rate and gasping for air, except with a bag you don't have a poison in your guts and stomach and throat and don't puke.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Folie

Folie

Jul 14, 2020
I personally don't think this method makes much sense. I'd definitely think of other ways to go about this. You're gonna panic and either break free or die. I don't think anyone wants to panic before they die.