• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Being anti-natalist in my view automatically makes me think the universe is evil or flawed. I mean its the properties of the universe that allowed for life and evolution to take place. We suffer without sufficient cause because of the universe.

By not having children we're trying to limit the suffering. But the big monster that caused it all is all around us.

I guess the realisation I'm talking about is that looking into outerspace or looking at a nice scenery on earth doesnt make me think of how beautiful it is. Instead it makes me realise how indifferent it is to us.

Assuming that death is an eternal lack of awareness seems to be the only peace. Actually correction; we dont even get to feel that peace because we'll be dead, but at least it nullifies the suffering.

This world is an evil dystopian hell and it can´t be anything else by some law of nature. We like to turn our blind eye to this and indoctrinate ourselves and our children with Disney movies,and happy fairy tale stories, but in the end it serves the same purpose as the religions of yesterday: obfuscate a dystopian hellscape from our view. Politics, religions, and Disney movies that tell you you can "try everything" (Zootopia) and "be yourself" (Frozen or something else) or that the "circle of life is a good thing" (the Lion King) exist to serve evil and shelter it, to help it dominate our reality by making you think that it doesn´t dominate it and make you have more children for it to enslave (high-ranking corporations, government, etc.) and ultimately make it more powerful. This is how this universe works, any genuinely good person (or at least the least evil ape) gets eaten alive in our society by bigger "predators" (bosses, CEO´S, employers, etc.) and only a bigger predator kills this predator and the cycle starts anew.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Blaming the universe that came into existence out of "nothing" is not appropriate. We also a product of that, what can happen and is possible according to quantum vacuum theory if there is an indefinite amount of time. The question of "time" is relative bc if we assume quantum particles "travel" with light speed, for them there is no time passing.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
The notions of good and bad are most likely very human notions. The thing is- you don't know what it's like to live as anything or anyone else. I think it's fair enough to empathise with others who are struggling- man or beast and feel appalled at how this world is set up. Still- you can't decide for every living creature here on how it perceives it's life. It may actually enjoy it's life- even if you wouldn't in that circumstance.

The problem I have with the more pro-mortalist thinking here is- it's like God level thinking. It's one person deciding they can think for everything. It's like pro-lifers but reversed. There's no provision there for people to choose how they perceive their own life. It literally is pro-life on it's head. Quite often pro-mortalists will call 'normies' delussional- that's just what they're calling us! And to be brutally honest- many of us are suffering from diagnosed mental impairment. I wouldn't like to get into an argument on who was more likely to be right! I think we'd lose. I think that's where pro-choice is so important- to recognise that both sides should have the right to choose. And to accept that even those with mental impairment can still reason for themselves.

Personally I agree- I wouldn't want to bring human or animal life here. I think there is a very high chance it would suffer and I wouldn't want to take the risk. I am an anti-natilist too. Still- it's not exactly realistic to look at a picture of the world and decide that every creature on it is living through hell. We can't think for others anymore than they can think for us.

I guess you could argue that whatever started the whole creation process was bad. Others would argue it was a miracle. Still- either way- it's done now!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Forcing life into this hellish reality is criminal to me, it disgusts me how humans continue to procreate just creating way more unnecessary suffering and harm as a result. I don't believe that existence could ever be a desirable state, I see the existence of life as nothing more than a horrific tragedy.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
This world is an evil dystopian hell and it can´t be anything else by some law of nature. We like to turn our blind eye to this and indoctrinate ourselves and our children with Disney movies,and happy fairy tale stories, but in the end it serves the same purpose as the religions of yesterday: obfuscate a dystopian hellscape from our view. Politics, religions, and Disney movies that tell you you can "try everything" (Zootopia) and "be yourself" (Frozen or something else) or that the "circle of life is a good thing" (the Lion King) exist to serve evil and shelter it, to help it dominate our reality by making you think that it doesn´t dominate it and make you have more children for it to enslave (high-ranking corporations, government, etc.) and ultimately make it more powerful. This is how this universe works,
I agree . Except when we were 1-12 year old kids we didn't know a damn thing so we didn't indoctrinate ourselves cause we were kids that didn't know anything. those Disney movies and other media indoctrinated programmed us then from 1 to 12 years old and beyond. The people who created those Disney movies etc indoctrinated us with all the " circle of life is a good thing" (the Lion King ) bs and other pro-life bs

Notice how in all the movies the protagonists are always fighting to live and not die to keep existing ( eg back to the future 1 ). And the villains are the ones trying to destroy existence

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I still feel hope when I look out into the vastness of the universe… I don't know why, but I just see it as vast potential for something better? Like earth is just some crappy run down motel on the road to something greater and much more profound…

It's probably not rational, but I think I still need something to cling onto that isn't just eternal nothingness. It's not a strong hope though, and certainly not a belief…

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream