• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dandan

dandan

One more attempt on life.
Feb 18, 2019
Friends from SS,
For months , weeks and days I was not able to sleep more than 4hours per day, las two weeks I've spent 3 days without a minute of sleep and others only two.

It more harmful not to sleep that taking small 50mg diazepam and finally sleeping... I'll someday get off of them but for now, fuck it, I'll take my pill. Need to sleep.

All this even if exercising, except when I don't sleep.

What do you do to sleep? Please don't say masturbating, off-topic and tried it too. I'm a guy. I know women don't masturbate as much.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
It took a year for my psychiatrist to convince me to buy in to the concept, but I have a sleep schedule now, just like a baby. It works wonders for me.

My psychiatrist advocated that circadian rhythms were critical for better control of my bipolar disorder (and sleep). Initially, I fought this concept tooth and nail, and equated the ideas associated with extreme rigidity of schedule to being in prison, but now I am a believer and adhere to eat, sleep, and exercise schedules, as best I can.

Getting into somewhat of a daily routine has worked wonders, and if I can lay off the caffeine, then I stay out of mania, which equates to getting sleep. It's kind of a catch 22, since the caffeine helps with my fibromyalgia, anxiety disorders, and dysthymic moods.

When I do drink coffee, I make sure never to have any past noon, as I won't be able to sleep well. Caffeine takes why too long to clear my system, and others might share this issue.

Also, I find melatonin with added vitamin B6 to be much more effective than Zyprexa, Restoril, or Trazodone for sleep. Those last three are pharmaceuticals notorious for being sleep remedies.

Finally, I have an OCD type sleep routine that somewhat incorporates the basic concept of counting sheep. It works great for me, and I usually fall asleep in a minute or two.

My problem has always been staying asleep. Apparently, for some people who have this problem, it's due to low blood sugar while sleeping. In these cases, it's recommended to eat a slow digesting protein with fat before bed. A great example would be to eat cottage cheese or nuts before bed.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Yo if you find out let me know. But I assume you mean 5mg not 50mg...

I think I've been taking Lorazepam nightly for almost a year. Before I would sleep around 2 min- 4 max hours a night- would wake up a lot, every 30-60 minutes. I ran out one night and the same thing happened again.

I was always scared shitless that I was going to get into a car accident. Do you think it could be PTSD related?

Reactions: TooConscious
dandan

dandan

Feb 18, 2019
Yo if you find out let me know. But I assume you mean 5mg not 50mg...

I was always scared shitless that I was going to get into a car accident. Do you think it could be PTSD related?

Correct, medicine is Numencial, is 50mg Sulpirida and 2.5mg diazepam, which tonight I'll try half a pill cause today I got brain fog and affects my abilities at work.

pTSD? Never been treated for it, or have no clue, I've lost die twice, but never went to war o got into a more abusive relationship than with my father's abuse.

I hope we get better.
Exercise does helps a lot!!!

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I use zolpidem, it hasn't caused tolerance or made me take more or do "funny" things as allegedly has been the experience of other users. Diazepam is more to relax you I find, not to make you sleep.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I take Quetiapine for sleep, I go to sleep at pretty regular times everyday too so sleeping hygiene helps, sometimes if im feeling more stressed out I'll drink some alcohol or take benzos, the combination of meds I take and alcohol makes me feel very dizzy and loopy

dandan

dandan

Feb 18, 2019
I use zolpidem, it hasn't caused tolerance or made me take more or do "funny" things as allegedly has been the experience of other users. Diazepam is more to relax you I find, not to make you sleep.
Since I've needed a non psychiatrists approval , it was felt like the right pill to ask for, my endocrinologist back home is reluctant to prescribe benzos, I might get another doctor but I hate to pay for prescriptions.

dandan

dandan

Feb 18, 2019
I
Ohhh I've done silly things on those.....good luck in a good way. Don't stay on them for too long if you can.
I won't, it will be just to temporarily to regulate some sleep cycle, plus my doctor will be asked and encouraged by me to change the med if necessary. My real doc won't prescribe pills often , this time I really needed them. But I'm willing and have faith that I'll be alright without them soon. Thank you Sherri. I just posted about my beautiful night and morning , hugs.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Since I've needed a non psychiatrists approval , it was felt like the right pill to ask for, my endocrinologist back home is reluctant to prescribe benzos, I might get another doctor but I hate to pay for prescriptions.
What reason did they give regarding your hormones I assume?
Did they say benzos effected something in our endocrine system?

Reactions: GoneGoneGone
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Best thing for sleep (I've been on EVERYTHINGfor sleep - chronic insomniac) is a low dose of Quetiapine for me. 25-75mg. Also go to bed the same time every night and take your med at the same time. Lastly, absolutely no alcohol. Sleep is the cornerstone of good mental health and alcohol does not allow your body to enter the proper stages of sleep.