halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
I heard a lot of things online about the show so I decided to watch it. Couldn't get past the 6th episode the SA was too much for me, triggered a panic attack.

Have you guys watched the show? What do you think about it, and all the stuff going on in interviews and such?

I think Richards story is incredibly sad, too difficult to watch. I see myself going down a similar path and it's scary. Tbh I think the show is very triggering, goes in to way more detail then it needs to. But I think he is a very brave man to tell his story.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, eatantz and Forever Sleep
bearbrikk

bearbrikk

Listen to the voice in your head
May 2, 2024
I saw the whole thing with my partner. As someone who has been SA, we skipped to SA parts. Apart from that, it was still a very heavy series to watch. And to think that it all happened to him is incredibly sad and frustrating. Personally, I gained or learned nothing from the series. So if you were to ask me is it worth the triggers? no. You get information online and it feels like you've seen the whole story without the heaviness. But of course your choice.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and halleyscomet
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I wanted to watch it due to having a vague idea of the story and having an interest in true crime and mystery shows of both the fictional and real variety (for example Netflix's The Watcher) + it's popularity right now but once I was made aware of the SA stuff and the trend of viewers of the show harassing people I am unsure

I hope that the SA scene(s) isn't/aren't too graphic or too often in the show
I am uncomfortable with SA in films and shows being long and drawn out for the purpose of art and awareness when it just seems like the director is a bit strange and filmed it for themselves to look at later (reminds me of how I mentally blocked out and forgot about the film Irreversible and issues with the disturbing film genre called "Rape and Revenge")

but I have not been SA-ed so I can't really say much or speak on this but it's definitely a discussion worth having when it comes to art and film
and pure shock to catch attention or adverse (not sure if this is the word I am thinking of) reactions being labeled as bringing awareness or trying to give someone a perspective or idea of what traumatic experiences are like

I hope I explained my random thought well

sorry for rambling

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
I wanted to watch it due to having a vague idea of the story and having an interest in true crime and mystery shows of both the fictional and real variety (for example Netflix's The Watcher) + it's popularity right now but once I was made aware of the SA stuff and the trend of viewers of the show harassing people I am unsure

I hope that the SA scene(s) isn't/aren't too graphic or too often in the show
I am uncomfortable with SA in films and shows being long and drawn out for the purpose of art and awareness when it just seems like the director is a bit strange and filmed it for themselves to look at later (reminds me of how I mentally blocked out and forgot about the film Irreversible and issues with the disturbing film genre called "Rape and Revenge")

but I have not been SA-ed so I can't really say much or speak on this but it's definitely a discussion worth having when it comes to art and film
and pure shock to catch attention or adverse (not sure if this is the word I am thinking of) reactions being labeled as bringing awareness or trying to give someone a perspective or idea of what traumatic experiences are like

I hope I explained my random thought well

sorry for rambling
In my opinion, it was way too graphic. It was very explicit in detail having literal rape scenes. I didn't realise this before watching, it caused me to have a pretty bad panic attack. The show does not properly prepare you for it, and it definitely crosses the line.

• Aww..
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and psp3000
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
I struggled to get past episode 4, i found the show frustrating and disturbing. I think its really well made and the acting is amazing!

• Love
Reactions: halleyscomet
landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
i just want to add that this is very, very loosley based on any real events. so netflix and writers certainly added quite a bit to sell it. "While talking to GQ, the comedian said he has only "borrowed an emotional truth, not a fact-by-fact profile of someone." they are possibly facing a lawsuit as well.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I hate how I could relate to both main characters.

With that said it's a good show. I feel people who enjoyed it would also like swarm on prime. Another good dark comedy with psychological horror elements.

• Love
Reactions: halleyscomet