• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
There is a PPH video wherein Philip discusses this, and if I recall what struck me is that azide requires special storage and could put first responders at risk.

Find N if possible.

PhilistineEars

PhilistineEars

Jul 1, 2018
There is a PPH video wherein Philip discusses this, and if I recall what struck me is that azide requires special storage and could put first responders at risk.

Find N if possible.
Azides (particularly sodium azide) form explosive compounds when mixed with metals. Higher reactive and unstable (shock sensitive). So not a thing to fool around with IMO.

I dealt with hazmat for a time in my career and that stuff scared everyone- especially the fire department.

Last edited:
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Azides (particularly sodium azide) for explosive compounds when mixed with metals. Higher reactive and unstable (shock sensitive). So not a thing to fool around with IMO.

I dealt with hazmat for a time in my career and that stuff scared everyone- especially the fire department.

Hey Phillistine,
Don't mean to hijack this thread but off topic will my method (nitrogen gas via exit bag) necessitate the hazmat? I know it poses zero risk to anyone but if I leave a note to first responders wxplaining my method will they typically follow this or will hazmat automatically be called in?

Reactions: dano6533
PhilistineEars

PhilistineEars

Jul 1, 2018
Depends on local first resonders protocol - if they suspect an oxygen deficient environment they would call. EMS wouldn't know and even with an explanation would probably defer to fire department with a 4-gas meter to verify.

First responders motto - when in doubt "sniff" it out (i.e. use a meter)

Last edited:
Reactions: dano6533 and Smilla