• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i was doom scrolling fb (like i do), god...probably a few weeks ago now, and i came across a video of someone with all these different... awareness things. when i first saw them i didnt think much past "oh thats a good idea". but lately, especially after my appointment yesterday, i started taking the thought a little more personal, "i wish i had one..."

instead of just "dead freezing", no idea how to communicate, what to say, ect. it would be so much nicer "here read this so i dont have to mentally process something im not capable of."

the "awkward silence" at my appointment was ugh....and the "small talk" she was trying to fill it with was (unintentionally) triggering. i would have preferred the silence instead of your body language going off like a flashing red light.......

i could probably get a few different pins, like one for bpd, cptsd. but i dont really feel like i need them. i just want one for social anxiety, so when im standing/sitting there all quiet, you can understand (without my intervention) that this is ok, relax or leave me alone (depending on the circumstance).

in other words, youre freaking me out, go away! XD XD
.•° ✿ °•. °•. ✿ .•° .•° ✿ °•.
on the same topic, i have thought an "awareness hour" might be nice in places like grocery stores. just in general not so over stimulating. softer lights, less music. and the same idea with the pin but without, where theres an understanding from the people there that this person probably has (anxiety, autism, ect), chill it!
this should be a thing that just exists but idk.. i hate the world. "we're inclusive!!!!" oh im sorry, you forgot to read the small print, on our terms.

im just ranting though, point is...i actually wish i had an anxiety pin (and how does that not cause more anxiety 🤦‍♀️)

Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
on the same topic, i have thought an "awareness hour" might be nice in places like grocery stores. just in general not so over stimulating. softer lights, less music. and the same idea with the pin but without, where theres an understanding from the people there that this person probably has (anxiety, autism, ect), chill it!
It does here in the UK. Most big supermarkets have a quieter hour during the day where they turn off the music, turn down the tannoy for store announcements etc.

• Love
Reactions: Life_and_Death