Komm_Süsser_Tod

Komm_Süsser_Tod

Dec 12, 2021
I was recently in a group vc with someone and they could instantly tell I had autism just from my voice. It hurts.

• Hugs
Reactions: estadiare, TakeMeBack07, erdbeeren and 7 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Autism is not ideal even that some people seem to benefit from it with exceptional type of intelligence or talents but not in my case. I dont know how anyone can tell you have autism from your voice.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeMeBack07, Life sucks and fox_wannabe
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
It might not have been your voice, might've been how you speak, the words you chose, the phrasing, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Crazy4u, Komm_Süsser_Tod and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This life is very unfair, many of us are disadvantaged through no fault of our own. If we were never born, we would never have to deal with this life. I have autism as well and maybe it could explain why I have always struggled with life, as I am not meant for this world.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: AncientSorrow, akana, Infiniteloop and 16 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A-at least I'm not normietypical.
97-974616_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: estadiare, TakeMeBack07, foreverlikethestars and 7 others
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I have Asperger's some people also call it ASD but I cannot say for sure. People tell me I sound like 15 year old tho I am much older. All my friends online are much younger than me because I do not vibe with people in my age. Also I had like super late puberty. It do suck to be non NT.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Crazy4u and Snake of Eden
Komm_Süsser_Tod

Komm_Süsser_Tod

Dec 12, 2021
It might not have been your voice, might've been how you speak, the words you chose, the phrasing, etc.
I laugh a lot in the middle of my sentences and have a speech impediment.

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks and fox_wannabe
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Then maybe the guy who called you autistic was just being an asshole and went for the insult he could find the quickest. In my youth when we were insulting one another, we'd use the word "retarded", but thats out of style now, its not PC, now people fling around the word autistic like they used to do retarded.

Reactions: Niirvana
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I strongly suspect my late friend was on the autistic spectrum. Are some autistics sensitive to sound and light? He was.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
Is it possible that this is a case of it taking one to know one? If that's what it is, it could be an attempt to connect. I suppose it depends on how the other person feels about their autism.

Reactions: Crazy4u
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
The same thing happens to me, besides MDD, autism can be hell if you can't get something good out of it

• Hugs
Reactions: akana and Life sucks
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Having autism sucks massively. If you try to join autism groups, the majority of members are often extremely high functioning, borderline Albert Einstein kin savants who scoff at anyone who doesn't consider autism to be a gift that's been packaged alongside some unnecessary add ons.

If you don't fall in line with that sort of personality, the flavour of autism that defines itself as "too weird for normies and too normie for absolute weirdos" there's such a chasm of relatbility and the lack of belonging anywhere hits you like a ton of bricks.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: standbyme, estadiare, akana and 6 others