Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I research and read lots of things to try and improve my physical and mental health problems. I take an atypical antipsychotic for bipolar disorder as needed when my mania starts getting triggered. Zyprexa is the only thing that works for me.

If one is farily patient, then they can CTB over a period of time just by taking their atypical antipsychotics as prescribed by their psychiatrist.

The studies that I've read are showing a life expectancy reduction of between 15 and 25 years if one is on any of these heavy duty medications.

Look at the average life expectancy for your country then deduct 25 years from that number and perhaps that's when your bus will arrive. Question is are you patient enough to wait?

Anecdotally, I have a family member who has been heavily medicated for schizophrenia ever since he was probably somewhere between 18 to 20 years old. He died earlier this year at the age of 50. The interesting aspect about his death is the psychiatrist put him into a hospital while they were trying to readjust his medications. I'm kind of cynical and I imagine his dieing in the hospital was not a coincidence. I imagine you might agree.

I think everyone needs to be fully aware of the possible consequences of being on these heavy duty psychiatric medications long term. Knowledge is power.

My personal perception is some of the psychiatrist gloss over any possible side effects. It's troubling for me to imagine a younger person on these atypical antipsychotics not realizing the possible long-term risk consequences. Obviously, everybody needs to do what they have to do - day to day - but I think information is key, and frankly I don't perceive doctors are properly educating their patients in many cases.

Reactions: DFFP
B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
i remember a study on clozapine showing it has a positive effect on life expectancy
I research and read lots of things to try and improve my physical and mental health problems. I take an atypical antipsychotic for bipolar disorder as needed when my mania starts getting triggered. Zyprexa is the only thing that works for me.

If one is farily patient, then they can CTB over a period of time just by taking their atypical antipsychotics as prescribed by their psychiatrist.

The studies that I've read are showing a life expectancy reduction of between 15 and 25 years if one is on any of these heavy duty medications.

Look at the average life expectancy for your country then deduct 25 years from that number and perhaps that's when your bus will arrive. Question is are you patient enough to wait?

Anecdotally, I have a family member who has been heavily medicated for schizophrenia ever since he was probably somewhere between 18 to 20 years old. He died earlier this year at the age of 50. The interesting aspect about his death is the psychiatrist put him into a hospital while they were trying to readjust his medications. I'm kind of cynical and I imagine his dieing in the hospital was not a coincidence. I imagine you might agree.

I think everyone needs to be fully aware of the possible consequences of being on these heavy duty psychiatric medications long term. Knowledge is power.

My personal perception is some of the psychiatrist gloss over any possible side effects. It's troubling for me to imagine a younger person on these atypical antipsychotics not realizing the possible long-term risk consequences. Obviously, everybody needs to do what they have to do - day to day - but I think information is key, and frankly I don't perceive doctors are properly educating their patients in many cases.
search for "clozapine life expectancy" to get both sides of the argument for the most dangerous and most effective antipsychotic. It is a treatment that kills and reduces life expectancy as well as increases life expectancy and reduces suicides.

i think there is the issue of how it makes those who take clozapine feel which is something doctors don't think about. I really don't think doctors care about how the victims of psychiatry feel. i have tried to argue to my MP and the Prime Minister and others that the cruelty in forcing someone to suffer against their will is even worse when it is done to a suicidal individual. This is a key argument for the legalisation of assisted suicide for everyone that the cruelty in forcing someone to live is the cruelty in forcing someone to suffer against their will so it cannot go on for a prolonged period of time. But those who have the power and influence to legalise assisted suicide are guided by how little doctors care about how suicidal individuals feel. It is cruelty to force someone to suffer against their will but when they don't care about how suicidal individuals feel then they don't recognise this cruelty cannot be prolonged so they won't legalise assisted suicide.

Reactions: DFFP, Sinkinshyp and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
i remember a study on clozapine showing it has a positive effect on life expectancy

search for "clozapine life expectancy" to get both sides of the argument for the most dangerous and most effective antipsychotic. It is a treatment that kills and reduces life expectancy as well as increases life expectancy and reduces suicides.

i think there is the issue of how it makes those who take clozapine feel which is something doctors don't think about. I really don't think doctors care about how the victims of psychiatry feel. i have tried to argue to my MP and the Prime Minister and others that the cruelty in forcing someone to suffer against their will is even worse when it is done to a suicidal individual. This is a key argument for the legalisation of assisted suicide for everyone that the cruelty in forcing someone to live is the cruelty in forcing someone to suffer against their will so it cannot go on for a prolonged period of time. But those who have the power and influence to legalise assisted suicide are guided by how little doctors care about how suicidal individuals feel. It is cruelty to force someone to suffer against their will but when they don't care about how suicidal individuals feel then they don't recognise this cruelty cannot be prolonged so they won't legalise assisted suicide.

I'm curious to hear if you have an opinion on lithium. If so, would you mind sharing.

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
I've never thought of life expectancy based on medication we take. I know they are detrimental to side effects, but I always think about "am I going to have to take these the rest of my life", very most likely.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and DFFP
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I took lithium as a teenager can't really remember it though. One med I remember was haloperidol. I've had a total nervous breakdown, in my room my body is painfully twisting all over like I'm in the exorcist. I was scared to tell the docs thinking it's part of the nervous break down. Eventually a nurse saw and realized it's one of the common reactions.. just tried to remember lithium and the haloperidol memory shot into my head

• Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
I'm curious to hear if you have an opinion on lithium. If so, would you mind sharing.
sorry i have no knowledge about lithium. I have never used it. I gather that other mood stabilisers are more commonly used now.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
sorry i have no knowledge about lithium. I have never used it. I gather that other mood stabilisers are more commonly used now.

I did not want to sway your opinion in either direction before I commented. I researched hundreds of hours on lithium and decided I wanted to try it against my psychiatrist's recommendation. It's a high maintenance drug and you have to do ongoing blood work and this is why a lot of psychiatrists got away from lithium over the years . But personally based on my extensive research I think lithium is much safer than what I'm on currently which is Zyprexa. But for me Zyprexa works way better than anything else I've ever tried.

There are studies that show lithium can help grow the brain. I can't recall with certainty if it's the gray matter in the frontal lobe region of the brain? Interestingly however once one comes off lithium apparently that portion of the brain then decreases if I remember my research accurately. I researched this 4 years ago.

Lithium is a natural occurring element it is similar to something like magnesium and zinc they're all minerals. Studies show that geographic areas that have high rates of lithium in the drinking water have lower rates of suicide compared to areas that have low rates of lithium in the drinking water. Really fascinating stuff to me.

I was really happy to try it for my bipolar but one has to do ongoing blood workto do ongoing blood work and a common side effect is lithium can adversely impact kidney function and unfortunately a couple of months in my kidney function was being impacted and so my psychiatrist insisted I had to stop taking lithium.

it's a really fascinating medication in fact as I'm writing this I'll do a thread for it at some point, so watch for it. I think you'll find the information interesting.

Enjoy your Sunday.

B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
I've never thought of life expectancy based on medication we take. I know they are detrimental to side effects, but I always think about "am I going to have to take these the rest of my life", very most likely.
there's a site Mad in America which is critical of the use of antipsychotics
I did not want to sway your opinion in either direction before I commented. I researched hundreds of hours on lithium and decided I wanted to try it against my psychiatrist's recommendation. It's a high maintenance drug and you have to do ongoing blood work and this is why a lot of psychiatrists got away from lithium over the years . But personally based on my extensive research I think lithium is much safer than what I'm on currently which is Zyprexa. But for me Zyprexa works way better than anything else I've ever tried.

There are studies that show lithium can help grow the brain. I can't recall with certainty if it's the gray matter in the frontal lobe region of the brain? Interestingly however once one comes off lithium apparently that portion of the brain then decreases if I remember my research accurately. I researched this 4 years ago.

Lithium is a natural occurring element it is similar to something like magnesium and zinc they're all minerals. Studies show that geographic areas that have high rates of lithium in the drinking water have lower rates of suicide compared to areas that have low rates of lithium in the drinking water. Really fascinating stuff to me.

I was really happy to try it for my bipolar but one has to do ongoing blood workto do ongoing blood work and a common side effect is lithium can adversely impact kidney function and unfortunately a couple of months in my kidney function was being impacted and so my psychiatrist insisted I had to stop taking lithium.

it's a really fascinating medication in fact as I'm writing this I'll do a thread for it at some point, so watch for it. I think you'll find the information interesting.

Enjoy your Sunday.
that's interesting. One area i failed to learn enough about is the brain.

I had a quick look at one study and grey matter changes. It increases then begins to decrease after a certain point but those on the lithium group started off with more grey matter.

Ketamine may also grow the brain

So does being a London black cab driver. This is in the hippocampus because London black cab drivers have to memorise the map of central London.

• Love
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
there's a site Mad in America which is critical of the use of antipsychotics

that's interesting. One area i failed to learn enough about is the brain.

I had a quick look at one study and grey matter changes. It increases then begins to decrease after a certain point but those on the lithium group started off with more grey matter.

Ketamine may also grow the brain

So does being a London black cab driver. This is in the hippocampus because London black cab drivers have to memorise the map of central London.

I love doing research. it looks like you're a lot like me.

B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
if you are anything like me then you are a victim of torture and sanctioned torture
i am tortured to death but not killed because i can't kill myself to escape what the sadists do to me. I am beaten to death and no one stops the beating because it is mental suffering. I am beaten to death and o one ever cared about stopping the beating because all they care about is that i live and they really don't give a damn about how i feel.

I think pain is such a great teacher more than any psychiatric research teaches about truth.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I hope when they calculated the lower life-expectancy they took in account that a part of people with schizophrenia suicide, Within 10 years of diagnoses 10% suicide. That lowers the life-expectancy as well - if not calculated out.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I hope when they calculated the lower life-expectancy they took in account that a part of people with schizophrenia suicide, Within 10 years of diagnoses 10% suicide. That lowers the life-expectancy as well - if not calculated out.

I am positive in at least one study I read they excluded any suicidal variables with respect to life expectancy. These researchers were trying to isolate the impact of the medications alone and tried to exclude other extraneous variables.

Reactions: NextSummer