N

Nervous

Jul 9, 2023
I'm sure this has been discussed so forgive me. I have a prescription of Ativan so it has me wondering. Would alcohol and a large amount of Ativan result in a somewhat "peaceful" death? I've heard those who mix the two typically fall asleep and don't wake up but I'm not so sure how true that is.

Thanks!

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
The LD50 of Ativan is roughly 1,850 mg/kg (milligrams of drug per kilogram of a person's body weight).
if you weight 80kg you would need 148 grams to have a 50 percent chance of dying

Reactions: TimetoGo! and Praestat_Mori
N

Nervous

Jul 9, 2023
The LD50 of Ativan is roughly 1,850 mg/kg (milligrams of drug per kilogram of a person's body weight).
if you weight 80kg you would need 148 grams to have a 50 percent chance of dying

I knew the dosage for ODing on benzos is extremely high and near impossible to consume. I heard that alcohol significantly lowers that though.

Last edited:
swagattack

swagattack

Sep 12, 2023
I knew the dosage for ODing on benzos is extremely high and near impossible to consume. I heard that alcohol significantly lowers that though.
I heard this too and was wondering about this question myself too, if you mix vodka with benzos its pretty much game over right?

Reactions: Nervous
L

lojogoeshome

Nov 8, 2023
I've personally ODed on hundreds of pills and I've witnessed numerous large quantity benzo/alcohol ODs that only ended up with an expensive stay in the ICU and a transfer to a MH facility. It's not reliable IMO

swagattack

swagattack

Sep 12, 2023
I've personally ODed on hundreds of pills and I've witnessed numerous large quantity benzo/alcohol ODs that only ended up with an expensive stay in the ICU and a transfer to a MH facility. It's not reliable IMO
Hm thanks for your input:)

Reactions: lojogoeshome
TiredTurtle

TiredTurtle

Oct 29, 2023
Most benzo/alcohol OD's are from street pills cut with opiods

QueenOfSpades

QueenOfSpades

in love with geese ♥
Mar 23, 2022
Better combine it with another benzo such as valium.