• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I just thought of this. It took me until now, at the age of 35 to realize it. Probably because I'm dumb.

But it is just true. How does someone not understand the value of money and saving it until they're 35? How is that even possible? Or not get a diagnosis for ADHD, something I probably inherently knew was there and that there was something wrong with me, until now when I'm this old and have barely any money.

I can't tell you how much I've always spaced out when people talk. It takes me way longer to learn things than everyone else. I constantly forget things. I get up almost impulsively during work. Unless something is an interesting topic, sometimes I have to read something 5 or 6 times before it registers. Even now when I'm on Adderall, today I went inside a gas station and paid for gas and then drove off without filling up my car. It would be funny if I hadn't of done that dozens of times in my life. It's hard for me to ever figure things out to fix or put together, even if I watch someone and really try to pay attention. I'm not saying this as a put down to the kids with autism I've worked with at all, but there were times when they understood some of the reading comprehension stuff before I did. I was really only good at that job with them because I was super patient and could figure out sometimes why they weren't picking up on certain things, probably because I remember why I can't sometimes. And because I love kids and finding things they like to do.

I took a server job on the side to make extra money, and there's literally 8 middle tables in this restaurant that have numbers. And I still have trouble remembering which is which. Nobody else has this issue. It took like 5 or 6 shifts before I got it down, and sometimes I'm honestly still not 100%. The other servers are nice about it but one of the managers gets super annoyed and always tells me it's only 8 tables. I guess I can't blame them, it is true. I mean, when you apply for any job, you basically are telling people that you're a quick learner.
I've read a lot so I come off as smart when I speak and I'm a good public speaker. I'm a solid writer but it takes me a while to write unless my brain is in overdrive on one subject.

I think that is why I'm so happy when I play with kids and dogs. It's simple. And sand volleyball, it's hard in the sense that it can be really competitive which I'm totally cool with because I am very athletic, but it's simple in rules.

Unfortunately, these things get you nowhere in life unless you find a way early on to manage it. I needed to get medication and find a job where I could help people and be on my feet, and learn it through repitition and stick with that career. But I didn't. Because I'm dumb.

I'm physically totally fine and healthy. For most of these last 4 horrible months I thought it was solely money that I have to CTB for. But the even sadder reality is that it's because I am literally a stupid person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul, Oblivion Lover, LMFAO FOCKERS and 3 others
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
ADHD people do much better in jobs with short tasks and quick emergencies b/c we are usually good at troubleshooting under pressure. Otherwise we only excel in things we really love because it can hold our attention.

Maybe you arent selecting the jobs that are playing to your strengths. A server sounds like it may be incompatible b/c you have to remember orders and a lot of things that are not routine vs. a job working with kids where you are in the moment with nothing to remember only troubleshooting / enjoying kids.

I know lots of ADHD people who excel in tech support, triage units, etc. which can be reasonably lucrative. Short problems, figuring things out, etc. Maybe research careers that allow you to do specific trouble shooting with kids such as non-profits, YMCA, etc.

Reactions: thisplaceisaprison, Aardwolf and Orin
T

Thorn

Wrecked
Jun 8, 2019
I've read a lot so I come off as smart when I speak and I'm a good public speaker. I'm a solid writer but it takes me a while to write unless my brain is in overdrive on one subject.

Not having connections who can put you where you belong, does not equal dumb.
Want to see some stupid people? Go to YT, to the very top.

What you described, is not unknown to me, but unfortunately I am not otherwise healthy.
I was a freelance writer and an artist, I even had an unlimited source of material for these, in a form of my nightmares.
Now I'm basically on my own with everything, if I try to do something, I am guaranteed to cut my arm off or blow some shit up.
The pain I have to deal with is pretty much permanent, and for life.

Good writers and artists are all solitary creatures, this is not a competition. If you know you can do something well, find someone who would market this and would deal with the outside world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orin